What to do if you're applying late?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Back34

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
If a program does not specify when an application deadline is, do we just assume it's the last day ERAS is accepting applications (Dec 1)? I'm asking because I recently committed to ER and am in the process of completing my application now.

Members don't see this ad.

Back34 said:
If a program does not specify when an application deadline is, do we just assume it's the last day ERAS is accepting applications (Dec 1)? I'm asking because I recently committed to ER and am in the process of completing my application now.

Panic.

Usually programs have their deadline on their website. A few have deadlines into december but most have it on or shortly after Nov. 1 when Dean's letters come out.

Members don't see this ad :)
****. does that mean that if people have not sent in your LORs before November 1, you're SOL?

i'm in the same situation. i only recently decided on ER after being set on another field. i've only looked into california programs, and i would say 50% of them have the deadline stated on their site. the deadline varies, standford said that if u are not complete by nov 1st to forget about it (absolute deadline). a couple others said that they will continue to accept applications past their deadlines but that that only means u are not guranteed an interview. a few schools had december as their deadline. again this is from a sample of bout 8-9 er programs in CA i looked into.