What to do next

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

jennygirl360

5+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi guys!! I’ve been reading posts on here for a while and now I need advice.
First a few stats: I graduated in December with my Bachelors in Neuroscience and Behavior with a minor in Biology. I have a 3.9 GPA and 3.8 Science GPA. I’ve done all the “requirements”: ie missions trips, volunteering, leadership, shadowing, and I worked. I didn’t have the chance to do a lot of research unfortunately, only a one semester DIS. I took my first MCAT last year but I had a really hard semester and got a 502. I just took the MCAT again yesterday, May 19th. I’m pretty sure I did alright I’ve been getting 510 on my practice tests. After graduating I’ve spent my time: studying for the MCAT, volunteering, working as a TA, and I have a toddler (so momming as well).
My question: what are my chances, what should I do next, and should I apply with my first MCAT or wait till I get my new score?

Members don't see this ad.

Members don't see this ad :)
Your MCAT of 502 is above the 10th percentile for only 1 of your Florida schools- Florida State. When your new MCAT score is available we will have a better idea as to what other schools you can apply to.

Your MCAT of 502 is above the 10th percentile for only 1 of your Florida schools- Florida State. When your new MCAT score is available we will have a better idea as to what other schools you can apply to.
I also have 0 desire to remain in Florida and am expecting a higher MCAT score