What to do next?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

lphiewok

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey guys, I have finished submitting everything (both TMDSAS and AADSAS) and I just finished my DAT this monday.

I submitted my application in May and everything is already done (including AADSAS GPA, trancripts, LOEs, and all) and I paid the AADSAS and TMDSAS.

I heard you have to pay extra money for processing fee and fill out secondary applications, but I do not know when I need to start doing those.

Are they going to send me an email requesting processing fee and secondary app? or do I just find them myself and send it out?
Also, for DAT, I have incldued all the schools on the list that I am applying to, but do I have to do anything else (like put the scores in AADSAS or TMDSAS, although everything has already been submitted)?

if I can get some information, it would be appreciated

btw schools i am applying to are: UT Houston, UT San Antonio, Baylor, NYU, Temple, Howard, and UoP

Members don't see this ad.

I am only familiar with Texas schools and for Baylor's secondary app. I just filled it out and sent it in. I didn't wait for them to ask. Get that in asap because they need that before your app is considered complete. That is the only TX school that requires a secondary. And as far as your DAT scores, from what I remember TMDSAS fills that in once they receive your scores. You can check to see if they have received them by logging in to your TMDSAS account. Best of luck.

You need to read under the instruction section of the AADSAS portal after you log in about Secondary information for Dental Schools. Some will give secondary info and say "send at the same time as aadsas," and others say, "send when notified by an admissions officer." So each school is different, but many require to send another processing fee directly to the school. Hope this helps. Good Luck.

Members don't see this ad :)
This might be a dumb question, but what is TMDSAS?

thanks a lot guys

TMDSAS stands for Texas Medical and Dental School Application Services and it is pretty much like AADSAS for texas dental and medical schools.

3 Texas schools use that service for I believe in-state Texas residents and it is much cheaper than AADSAS (i think it was about $150 for 3 schools which was way cheaper than AADSAS)

Hey guys, I have finished submitting everything (both TMDSAS and AADSAS) and I just finished my DAT this monday.

I submitted my application in May and everything is already done (including AADSAS GPA, trancripts, LOEs, and all) and I paid the AADSAS and TMDSAS.

I heard you have to pay extra money for processing fee and fill out secondary applications, but I do not know when I need to start doing those.

Are they going to send me an email requesting processing fee and secondary app? or do I just find them myself and send it out?
Also, for DAT, I have incldued all the schools on the list that I am applying to, but do I have to do anything else (like put the scores in AADSAS or TMDSAS, although everything has already been submitted)?

if I can get some information, it would be appreciated

btw schools i am applying to are: UT Houston, UT San Antonio, Baylor, NYU, Temple, Howard, and UoP

Sit back, relax, and have a beer. If your 21 or older, of course.