What to do the last month before MCAT?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

axp107

UCLA>> Italian Pryde
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
I'm probably going to stick to 2 FLs per week. I was going for 3 or 4/week and its definitely had a negative impact on me. While I was talking a Kaplan FL today, I started to fall asleep.. I just couldn't concentrate at all! I got enough sleep. I don't know what the problem is. My scores were going up just last week.. now they've gone down considerably.

I've gone over content review.. so what can I do apart from taking full lengths? relax more?

Members don't see this ad.

Apparently, the practice tests are not that good for what you will see on the actual one according to many on here.

So, I say just relax, try to work on some weak areas, do some practice tests (one a week), and try to stay confident.

Oh yeah, on test day, have your thinking cap on and pray, pray, and pray some more!!!!

:D

Apparently, the practice tests are not that good for what you will see on the actual one according to many on here.

So, I say just relax, try to work on some weak areas, do some practice tests (one a week), and try to stay confident.

Oh yeah, on test day, have your thinking cap on and pray, pray, and pray some more!!!!

:D

ditto. Practice test passages usually don't resemble the real thing, but they do help with stamina. You gotta concentrate for 5.5 hours! AAMC > Kaplan, take all the AAMCs and that's enough. Of course, if you take Kaplan, they might require you to take 1-5. That's plenty. Make sure content review is solid.

Members don't see this ad :)
I haven't taken any FLs yet but I'm planning on around 4-5. I tire and burn out really easily. These days I'm just doing practice problems from the EK 1001 series (now ~ 250/4004)

Yeah today I just took a TPR test...I got an 11 on bio, 10 on PS and a 4 on VERBAL...
LOL, TPR verbal is just insane...Plus I couldnt focus at all!

Yeah today I just took a TPR test...I got an 11 on bio, 10 on PS and a 4 on VERBAL...
LOL, TPR verbal is just insane...Plus I couldnt focus at all!

definitely the effect of burnout.. take a few days off FLs I guess.. but study a little.. that's what I'm doing..