What to do? What to do?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Wasabi

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hello everyone, I'm planning to fill out the AACOMAS application tomorrow, and I was wondering what I should do with the box asking whether I'm taking the August MCAT or not this year. Since I haven't received my scores yet and I won't be getting them until around June 18th, should I wait to send my application until then? or is it best to submit the bloody thing as soon as possible? If I choose the second option, I would most likely check off that I will be taking the August MCAT. The only problem with doing this is what should I do if my April scores turn out to be quite good? Is there any way I could contact AACOMAS or the individual schools about my change in plans?

Members don't see this ad.

Sounds like you are in a pickle. I would call AACOMAS directly with your questions. Go to their web site where the online application is. Call the number listed on the homepage...I always had luck getting a live person when I did this last year and they were always friendly and helpful (Another reason to become a DO, just try talking to someone at AMCAS, pppbbbt!).

diesel's right.... AACOMAS folks are really friendly and prompt compared to AAMCAS... just my experience.

AACOMAS will give you a response within 24 hours or pretty damn close to it....

I think you can just check of April and then if you do decide on August to just send a written statement to AACOMAS that you need to change that particular status in application. Once you make a change in your application, AACOMAS will then update the schools.... Hey, by then at least you would have the secondaries ready if you decide for the August test.... Well, if you find out anything specific please post up what you find and I'm sure someone else is in the same bind.... :cool:

Members don't see this ad :)
Thanks Popoy and Dieselkid for the great advice!! :)

I agree. Remember not to delay sending in your application, time is of the greatest importance in this little game!

I thought the application process begins in
June 1st. Can you send AACOMAS your transcripts and mcat scores before hand?

Thebeyonder,
the first day they will accept your app is June 1st. This means that if you are on the ball you should be working on it now. Have it sent in so that it will arrive in the 1st week of June.

tb,
As far as I know you can send you transcripts early and if you have you MCAT scores, I'm sure that can go in their as well. I remember turning in my transcripts before my Spring quarter grades and AACOMAS told me that they started a file on me despite that I turned things early.

SO turn it in already, unless you're waiting for more grades.

also...for anyone with questions who can't phone (work, etc) you can email ACCOMAS and get an answer in 24 hours. Never had any trouble with those folks!

miaou. :)

I agree with the above posters. Early, early, early...If you have any changes or additions they are easy to submit.

Good Luck