SDN members see fewer ads and full resolution images. Join our non-profit community!

what to do?

Discussion in 'Pre-Dental' started by iflossdaily, Nov 28, 2001.

  1. iflossdaily

    iflossdaily Banned Banned

    Nov 26, 2001
    I have an interview scheduled at UMaryland in mid-February. I'd prefer to go there for school but I don't want to burn bridges with other schools and decline offers.
    I also don't want to pay a deposit (which I can't afford to pay for 4 schools anyways).
    Any suggestions?
    Anyone here going to cancel their interview at UMaryland in the next month?
    I tried to get my interview re-scheduled but they can't do it. Should I write the dean of admissions and explain my situation?

    Also, doesn't $300,000 debt from NYU sound like a ridiculous amount? I am really skeptical about how much dentists make right out of school. For those who go to NYU or graduated from there, how are you planning on paying that off?
  2. SDN Members don't see this ad. About the ads.
  3. ricegirl

    ricegirl Senior Member 7+ Year Member

    Sep 7, 2001
    Houston, TX
    first of all, i really like your handle - very cute. :)

    I'd call up Maryland and tell them that you are really interested in attending and see if they can fit you in for an earlier interview.

    You have 45 days to decide which school you want to accept at (if you are notified Dec 1st), so I would just put a deposit down at the one school that you think is number one so far.

    I agree -- $300,000 is a lot of money!!! geesh!

  4. iflossdaily

    iflossdaily Banned Banned

    Nov 26, 2001
    hey thanks for the reply ricegirl. I've called them a lot in the past week...hopefully someone will cancel their interview in the next month.

    One more day to go. I can't believe I've been waiting for this since June 1st.
    Hopefully things will work out for all of us.
    good luck ;)

Share This Page