what to eat for lunch before the DAT?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Dentist2be

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi, I'm taking the DAT tomorrow afternoon, 4:30pm..
I am not sure what to eat for lunch though. Surely not very heavy stuff, but what??
Has anyone taken the test at 4:30? What did you guys eat?

Members don't see this ad.

Dentist2be said:
I am not sure what to eat for lunch though. Surely not very heavy stuff, but what??
I know before my DAT I'm going power breakfast: Oatmeal w/ peanut butter, chicken breast and flax oil

thats the reason why i decided to take my test in the morning, I usually don't eat breakfast so it wasn't a hard decision for me.

I recommend not eating anything that might give you the slightest discomfort especially under stressful conditions.

good luck

Have yourself a good salad (none of that iceburg lettuce crap) w/ chopped chicken breast and dressing. Water, Iced Tea, lemonade, etc to wash it down. Something light that won't make you piss like a race horse.

Stick to the proteins. Aviod tons of sugar, fats, chocolate, soda, lots of carbs, or anything that might make you sleepy, etc.

Members don't see this ad :)
lgreen_aci said:
Have yourself a good salad (none of that iceburg lettuce crap) w/ chopped chicken breast and dressing. Water, Iced Tea, lemonade, etc to wash it down. Something light that won't make you piss like a race horse.

Stick to the proteins. Aviod tons of sugar, fats, chocolate, soda, lots of carbs, or anything that might make you sleepy, etc.

YES...DON'T DRINK A LOT OF FLUIDS. I HAD TO PISS SO BAD DURING GEN. CHEM I WAS BOUNCING AROUND LIKE A RUBBER BALL IN MY SEAT. I'm sure the people watching the cameras were laughing their butts off. Of course, I was too stupid to just get up and relieve myself because I thought I'd not haven enough time. I ended up going anyhow and when I came back rechecked my Orgo section and found numerous mistakes. Didn't have time to go thru the Gchem and that ended up being my lowest score.

DAMN REDBULLS!!!

...DON'T DRINK A LOT OF FLUIDS. I HAD TO PISS SO BAD DURING GEN. CHEM I WAS BOUNCING AROUND LIKE A RUBBER BALL IN MY SEAT.
:laugh:

Dentist2be said:

I had a Jimmy John's Italian sandwich with lots of onions, peppers, and dijon mustard. It gave me indigestion, and an upset stomach, so I thought I would wash it down with something to "calm" my upset stomach - Coke - and that just made it worse! I recommend something really bland, like bread and water. Maybe a power bar. Don't drink caffeine, you'll have to pee the whole time!! Don't forget to eat SOMETHING though, or you'll be exhausted from all the mental exercise. Good luck!