What to expect for PALS and NRP/NLS?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

devildoc2

Membership Revoked
Removed
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
I wont be able to get the books for these until 1 day before the course. Is that going to be a problem?

I have a lot of time to study for the ACLS. If I'm able to know that stuff cold and then just study the differneces for PALS, will that be good enough to pass?

What kind of stuff do they test you in the NRP/NLS?

Members don't see this ad.

Not that I'm there yet, but I've been looking it over ever since the PALS people told me I need to start studying the material "1 month in advance of the start of the course!"

My feeling is that ACLS will help you...seems like the hard stuff (meaning hard to learn in 2 days) is the rhythms/EKG, protocols, familiarity with BLS, etc. So most of that should be stuff you get down in ACLS, no?

At least that's what I'm hoping...good luck!

Members don't see this ad :)
PALS is much easier than ACLS in my opinion. I would certainly review the materials. It's pretty much about respiratory distress, shock and cardiac dysfunction. Don't get into the weeds. It's really looking at initial manage (first 10 minutes). The test is fairly reasonable. NRP is very straightforward, but the test can be a little nitpicky. Good luck.

Do most programs included PALS as part of orientation???

I think everywhere I've interviewed has it during orientation.