What to include in update letter

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Docta31

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hello,

I'm currently writing an update letter (post-interview) and I was thinking of including that I recently had two first-author abstracts accepted for presentation at an international conference this summer. I was wondering if I should also include that I was a co-author on five other abstracts that were also accepted. My name on the author list of those ranges from 3rd to 5th.

I ask because I included in my application that I was a co-author on four abstracts from previous years (presented at the same conference), bringing my total to 11. I don't have any papers published yet, so I was wondering if 11 abstracts is overkill.

Thanks!

Members don't see this ad.

It's showing that you're productive, and this is a good thing. Lots of people have nothing to show for their research.

Hello,

I'm currently writing an update letter (post-interview) and I was thinking of including that I recently had two first-author abstracts accepted for presentation at an international conference this summer. I was wondering if I should also include that I was a co-author on five other abstracts that were also accepted. My name on the author list of those ranges from 3rd to 5th.

I ask because I included in my application that I was a co-author on four abstracts from previous years (presented at the same conference), bringing my total to 11. I don't have any papers published yet, so I was wondering if 11 abstracts is overkill.

Thanks!