Feb 2, 2016
Status (Visible)
  1. Medical Student (Accepted)
Hello,

I'm currently writing an update letter (post-interview) and I was thinking of including that I recently had two first-author abstracts accepted for presentation at an international conference this summer. I was wondering if I should also include that I was a co-author on five other abstracts that were also accepted. My name on the author list of those ranges from 3rd to 5th.

I ask because I included in my application that I was a co-author on four abstracts from previous years (presented at the same conference), bringing my total to 11. I don't have any papers published yet, so I was wondering if 11 abstracts is overkill.

Thanks!

Goro

SDN Gold Donor
10+ Year Member
Jun 11, 2010
Somewhere west of St. Louis
Status (Visible)
  1. Non-Student
It's showing that you're productive, and this is a good thing. Lots of people have nothing to show for their research.

Hello,

I'm currently writing an update letter (post-interview) and I was thinking of including that I recently had two first-author abstracts accepted for presentation at an international conference this summer. I was wondering if I should also include that I was a co-author on five other abstracts that were also accepted. My name on the author list of those ranges from 3rd to 5th.

I ask because I included in my application that I was a co-author on four abstracts from previous years (presented at the same conference), bringing my total to 11. I don't have any papers published yet, so I was wondering if 11 abstracts is overkill.

Thanks!

About the Ads
This thread is more than 5 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. Your new thread title is very short, and likely is unhelpful.
  2. Your reply is very short and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  3. Your reply is very long and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  4. It is very likely that it does not need any further discussion and thus bumping it serves no purpose.
  5. Your message is mostly quotes or spoilers.
  6. Your reply has occurred very quickly after a previous reply and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  7. This thread is locked.