What to put in a CV for LOR

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

yocharlie

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
So i tried searching for this but couldn't find it. So my PI i worked with two years ago said that she can definitely write me a LOR when I am ready to apply. So this year I am going to apply! But she asks me to send her my CV and personal statement. What sort of information should be put into this CV? like courses taken? GPA? experience? Anything specific that is needed by her you think for this LOR?

Any advice would help! Thanks

Members don't see this ad.

The CV should have the following

1) The degree you are currently taking
2) Your current GPA (if low then don't put it)
3) Extracurriculars you are doing (ex. community service, hospital volunteering, etc.)
4) Research (including previous and current research)
5) Extra skills (certifications like CPR/First aid etc.)

You can look online for how it should look like but you should have on your heading
1) Name
2) Contact info (phone number, email, etc.)

The CV is a bit more descriptive than a resume. Make sure to write 2-3 sentences for each activity you have done (be succinct). The sentences should describe your responsibilities in those activities.

The CV should have the following

1) The degree you are currently taking
2) Your current GPA (if low then don't put it)
3) Extracurriculars you are doing (ex. community service, hospital volunteering, etc.)
4) Research (including previous and current research)
5) Extra skills (certifications like CPR/First aid etc.)

You can look online for how it should look like but you should have on your heading
1) Name
2) Contact info (phone number, email, etc.)

The CV is a bit more descriptive than a resume. Make sure to write 2-3 sentences for each activity you have done (be succinct). The sentences should describe your responsibilities in those activities.

Thanks dude.

Also, I'll be sure to google cv. Do I need to put period between it since it's an abbreviation? I guess I can try and see what pops up on google, hopefully it will be reliable. :naughty: