• AMA with Certified Student Loan Professional

Join SDN on December 7th at 6:00 PM Eastern as we host Andrew Paulson of StudentLoanAdvice.com for an AMA webinar. He'll be answering your questions about how to best manage your student loans. Register now!

What to put in a CV for LOR

yocharlie

10+ Year Member
7+ Year Member
Mar 27, 2009
  1. Pre-Medical
    So i tried searching for this but couldn't find it. So my PI i worked with two years ago said that she can definitely write me a LOR when I am ready to apply. So this year I am going to apply! But she asks me to send her my CV and personal statement. What sort of information should be put into this CV? like courses taken? GPA? experience? Anything specific that is needed by her you think for this LOR?

Any advice would help! Thanks

IslandStyle808

Akuma residency or bust!
    7+ Year Member
    Aug 5, 2012
      The CV should have the following

1) The degree you are currently taking
      2) Your current GPA (if low then don't put it)
      3) Extracurriculars you are doing (ex. community service, hospital volunteering, etc.)
      4) Research (including previous and current research)
      5) Extra skills (certifications like CPR/First aid etc.)

You can look online for how it should look like but you should have on your heading
      1) Name
      2) Contact info (phone number, email, etc.)

The CV is a bit more descriptive than a resume. Make sure to write 2-3 sentences for each activity you have done (be succinct). The sentences should describe your responsibilities in those activities.

yocharlie

10+ Year Member
      7+ Year Member
      Mar 27, 2009
      1. Pre-Medical
        The CV should have the following

1) The degree you are currently taking
        2) Your current GPA (if low then don't put it)
        3) Extracurriculars you are doing (ex. community service, hospital volunteering, etc.)
        4) Research (including previous and current research)
        5) Extra skills (certifications like CPR/First aid etc.)

You can look online for how it should look like but you should have on your heading
        1) Name
        2) Contact info (phone number, email, etc.)

The CV is a bit more descriptive than a resume. Make sure to write 2-3 sentences for each activity you have done (be succinct). The sentences should describe your responsibilities in those activities.

Thanks dude.

Also, I'll be sure to google cv. Do I need to put period between it since it's an abbreviation? I guess I can try and see what pops up on google, hopefully it will be reliable. :naughty:

About the Ads
        This thread is more than 8 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. Your new thread title is very short, and likely is unhelpful.
        2. Your reply is very short and likely does not add anything to the thread.
        3. Your reply is very long and likely does not add anything to the thread.
        4. It is very likely that it does not need any further discussion and thus bumping it serves no purpose.
        5. Your message is mostly quotes or spoilers.
        6. Your reply has occurred very quickly after a previous reply and likely does not add anything to the thread.
        7. This thread is locked.