What to tell coworkers

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

So far I've not told anyone (as I've mentioned).

What is funny is that I volunteer in the ER at the same hospital I work from. That's not a problem really (you'd think) since the people I work with in IT don't go there during the day to do anything. But I ran into someone I work with there the other day who came in for a non-work reason. It's a small world sometimes!
 
Wow, I suppose I had a cool boss. He let me work night shifts for two years so that I could attend classes during the day, take vacation for exams, allowed me to trade shifts, and offered to make phone calls on my behalf. He even wrote me a letter of recommendation for my application. I suppose I should send him another thank you letter...lol. Likewise, I always placed my job ahead of my education and made PLENTY of sacrifices on behalf of my employer. The way I figured, I could not afford college without my job. So, I put them first and they put me first when they could.

My coworkers were equally supportive (most of them). Many of them went out of their way to assist me in every way. In fact, they were my fan club ("We just want to see one person make it...you're that person.")

It sucks that many of you do not have supportive environments