What to wear on second looks?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

winchester1615

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Just curious as to what the dress code is for second look visits. Suits? Or is clinic dress ok? (i.e. black pants and nice top for women)

Many thanks!

Members don't see this ad.

"Second Looks." Does that mean they invite you to come back...again? Wow, that could get expensive --

Or did you just contact them and ask for a "second look" at a program that you were particularly interested in?

Sorry for the dumb question...

"Second Looks." Does that mean they invite you to come back...again? Wow, that could get expensive --

Or did you just contact them and ask for a "second look" at a program that you were particularly interested in?

Sorry for the dumb question...

you generally ask to come back for a second look. i don't think people go to a lot of programs a second time, just their top 2 choices maybe...

Yes, I contacted my top choices (3 of them) to come back for second looks, which includes sitting in on didactics, attending grand rounds, meeting with faculty in my area of interest, and basically seeing what the program is like outside of the interview day. One program is setting me up with residents to shadow in clinic/on the floor. I think the second look serves two purposes: I get a better a sense of the program and the program knows that I am seriously considering them.

I wish this was an option for me! Our absence policy at our medical school is strict and my sick days are already maxed out. Its really a big bummer.

Tell your med school to go to hell. The whole reason you attended medical school was to get the residency of your choice. If they stand in the way of that they are short-sighted and annoying.

I was just wondering when the best time to ask for them.