What type of photo should I take for schools that require one?

tissy

U.S. Public Health Service
10+ Year Member
Dec 2, 2005
Connecticut
Status
Dentist
What sort of photo are the schools looking for that require one? Birthday suit, business suit, dinner suit, or informal...and background? Bedroom, park, office, or whocares...

Sephisabin

10+ Year Member
7+ Year Member
Dec 31, 2004
California
Status
Dentist
tissy said:
What sort of photo are the schools looking for that require one? Birthday suit, business suit, dinner suit, or informal...and background? Bedroom, park, office, or whocares...
They just want a picture of your face... just use a light background. It's basically a passport photo. I've been told that what you wear isn't important, but seriously, it's not going to hurt you to dress up and impart a professional image. They're not supposed to base anything on the picture... but again... looking professional couldn't hurt.

The Wop

10+ Year Member
Jun 17, 2006
Status
Pre-Dental
tissy said:
A picture of you passed out with a penis drawn on your cheek with women's lingerie on your head. It'll show you have a sense of humor.

OP
tissy

tissy

U.S. Public Health Service
10+ Year Member
Dec 2, 2005
Connecticut
Status
Dentist
The Wop said:
A picture of you passed out with a penis drawn on your cheek with women's lingerie on your head. It'll show you have a sense of humor.
You know...I have a couple of those picts but somehow they got lost :p

Kremlar

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Aug 28, 2005
Brooklyn ny
Status
Pre-Dental
tissy said:
You know...I have a couple of those picts but somehow they got lost :p

I say you go with a gangsta pose, and dont be afraid to flash a little east coast / west coast gang sign according to where the schools your applying to are, they like that kinda stuff, it shows you represent...

djeffreyt

10+ Year Member
7+ Year Member
Jun 4, 2006
Dallas
Status
Dentist
Tissy,

Just send your avatar picture...in fact...make that your office logo when you become a dentist

10+ Year Member
Oct 25, 2004
Status
Academic Administration
Kremlar said:
I say you go with a gangsta pose, and dont be afraid to flash a little east coast / west coast gang sign according to where the schools your applying to are, they like that kinda stuff, it shows you represent...

hahaha...

anyone going to be sportin' grillz?

tdkneo

The Future Dr.Nguyen
10+ Year Member
Apr 12, 2006
Status
Pre-Medical
tissy said:

something nice that makes yourself look professional and mature........and background, use your wall or something white..........

Mackerel

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Jan 18, 2006
Status
Dental Student
SaxyDucky said:
hahaha...

anyone going to be sportin' grillz?
Would wraping foil on my teeth and pretending its all silver count?

drdoodle

10+ Year Member
Jun 4, 2006
Status
Pre-Dental
I don't think the photo issue is that deep.