What were some stupid questions that you were asked at interviews?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Oculus Sinistra said:
Wow. That's ridiculous. You can't use laws of thermodynamics to refute "darwinism".

Where was that?
I actually thought that the laws of thermodynamics supported evolutionism. (as if you could do anything BUT abide by thermo!) Life is driven by chemistry, and evolution tends towards more and more diverse life forms finding more and more niches to live within (as they become available). Also realizing that entropy should be considered as a tendency towards more and different states (not disorder per se), then life becomes a macroscopic example/proof of micorscopic thermo principles. Interestingly, you can think of basic science principles favoring the existence of life over non-life.

Members don't see this ad.

Monette said:
What did you say?

I am muslim, so I was definitely irritated. I'm sure that question was meant to see how I would react. I replied about Friday prayers having nothing to do with violence. I went in some detail about what they are and why sometimes violence does occur, but for him to say such a thing is ridiculous. I chose not to push it any further, because I did not feel it was in my best interest.

I was kind of surprised that he even asked the question especially since Im sure he has had more contact with muslims than other people. He is of indian descent.