What would have you done different during your first few weeks of MSI?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

here atlast

5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
For those that have gone through it,

If you had the chance to go back and restart your first year of med school, what would you do differently during the first few weeks when school starts? Did you learn something over the time that you wish you knew when you started med school??!!!! :idea: ?

Members don't see this ad.

If you want to sleep, then sleep. If you want to party and mingle, then do it. The first few weeks give you enough leeway to get comfortable before you hanker down and hit it hard. Or, get hit hard. Don't underestimate a class just because it feels like you're repeating material from undergrad. Stay interested.

In hindsight, first year hasn't been so bad. :thumbup:

Members don't see this ad :)
I woudl take lots and lots of pictures, ebcause they would be a lot more fun to look at during graduations and during residency.

Also, don't take things so seriously. Meet new people, explore the new city you're in... socialize!

Q, DO

QuinnNSU said:
I woudl take lots and lots of pictures, ebcause they would be a lot more fun to look at during graduations and during residency.

Also, don't take things so seriously. Meet new people, explore the new city you're in... socialize!

Q, DO

Hmm..... take pictures of myself studying? :D True, I regret not taking more pictures this past year. Socialize, but at the same time get a good start so that you can still socialize later in the year instead of making up for a crappy first round of exams. Definitely over-study for a few weeks until you get a feel for what you need to do in order to maintain your desired performance. Did I mention pray a lot?