What would one consider mediocre grades?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Sorry for derailing the thread. Ill stop haha.

@sab3156 and @BorntobeDO? We can just agree that we are going to do what we need to do in order to succeed. Let the schools assume what they are doing is working and thankfully future students have resources like SDN to differentiate fact from fiction :)
I don't know about that, but at least you have a shot at the truth here if your looking for it.

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 user
I heard rumors about it before starting medical school but I didn't realize it until 2nd year. I would be dumfounded that none of the sacred texts (B&B, pathoma, sketchy, etc) covered material covered in lecture. Then I would search buzzwords in firecracker and then it would be under step 2 material.

Something that just dawned on me is that a lot of schools might not know exactly is being tested on COMLEX or USMLE. Maybe thats why you see a profound overlap of level/step 2 material.

I know for MCAT, there is this this resource that goes over in detail exactly what is tested. You know exact subjects covered. The MCAT is hard but conceptually you should know what concepts will be tested.

I was curious if there was a website like this for COMLEX or USMLE but sadly there is just broad subjects (anatomy, Embryology, etc).

Call me naive but I find it hard to believe any American school is purposely attempting to put their students at a disadvantage. No matter the emphasis on "producing primary care physicians".

Maybe they just don't want to put in the extra effort to find out. Its not malicious. Its what separates "top tier" schools from the others.
https://www.usmle.org/pdfs/usmlecontentoutline.pdf

Reactions: 1 users
Members don't see this ad :)
I figured there had to be somewhere there was for this. Thanks alot for the resource!.

Now you are making me want to find the COMLEX equivalent.

This is the COMLEX equivalent, you can get a copy on Amazon:

41Vnu1Bv7oL._SX348_BO1,204,203,200_.jpg

Reactions: 5 users
Looks like a very romantic spot to do some osteopathic kamasutra.
I can tell a lot of maidens needed the IT spread with manual manipulation to help with their hysteria back in the day.

Reactions: 2 users
It doesn't make any sense for osteopathic schools to hurt their students even more than they will be hurting during residency application season just being DOs to begin with. But they do it. They're delusional and out of touch with reality.
Honestly I think it's more nefarious than that. I think DO schools actively want their students to go into primary care, and thus by sabotaging students, you force a larger amount to apply to PC specialties. No emphasis on step 1? Of course not, do well on step 1 and you just may match something competitive. No research available? Same explanation. That's why residencies should look strongly at candidates who excel at DO schools. There is no hand holding, those of us who are in that camp are total a$$ kickers because we've cleared every hurtle placed in our path.

Reactions: 2 users
Honestly I think it's more nefarious than that. I think DO schools actively want their students to go into primary care, and thus by sabotaging students, you force a larger amount to apply to PC specialties. No emphasis on step 1? Of course not, do well on step 1 and you just may match something competitive. No research available? Same explanation. That's why residencies should look strongly at candidates who excel at DO schools. There is no hand holding, those of us who are in that camp are total a$$ kickers because we've cleared every hurtle placed in our path.
Never attribute to malice that which is adequately explained by stupidity.
Robert Hanlon

Reactions: 4 users