What would this class be classified under? Just want to make sure

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

coolcucumber91

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
I was a psychology major at the time I took research for credit for a total of 6 credits. Research is classified under what your major is in my school. So in my case, my research was put under the psychology (PY) subheading... However, my research is not about psychology really. My research is in the field of neurology, and although neurology is not listed in the AMCAS, neuroscience is, and it is under biology. Should I classify this class as biology or Behavioral & Social Sciences in which psychology is listed under it?

This is similar: I took psychology stats, and it is under the PY subheading. But I should go ahead and classify it as math since statistics is under it? The class was pure stats with just examples in psychology research in problems...

Thanks

Members don't see this ad.

Always classify classes under what you studied. Lots of my psych classes were neuroscience-based and had biochemistry in it, so AMCAS allowed me to classify them as biology.