• Scariest Story Contest

Now that it's getting close to Halloween, we're running a contest to hear your scariest stories! These can be scary stories that you've experienced or stories that you've heard and the story with the most reactions will win!

JOIN CONTEST

What would u do...?

rochagurl89

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Feb 7, 2008
  1. Pre-Medical
    If you really wanted a specific technical assistant job at a lab but 6 others were applying for the same job? (I had the interview yesterday - basically just showing me around and then asking about my availablity..)

I really want this since the people were incredibly friendly and the atmosphere was great...but I'm not sure what my chances are since there are so many others...

(my other job that I got accepted to didn't work out since the lady wasn't flexible at all and it was like a jail in comparison to this new one...lol)

I don't want to sound desperate in my email even though i kinda am...

What would you guys say in ur email?

Thanks!

HumidBeing

In Memory of Riley Jane
    Moderator Emeritus
    10+ Year Member
    Jun 19, 2007
    Keeping Warm
      Better than an email is showing up in person to talk to the PI. Read all the lit you can about his research first, so that you can present yourself as not just enthusiastic, but interested enough to be well informed. Makes life easier on the lab when the new person has already put in the effort to have a good idea of what goes on there.

rochagurl89

10+ Year Member
      5+ Year Member
      Feb 7, 2008
      1. Pre-Medical
        thanks...so should I email him and ask for an appointment? he said to send references...should I give that to him in person maybe? I thought I should email that to him so that he gets it soon...

About the Ads
        About the Ads
        This thread is more than 13 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. Your new thread title is very short, and likely is unhelpful.
        2. Your reply is very short and likely does not add anything to the thread.
        3. Your reply is very long and likely does not add anything to the thread.
        4. It is very likely that it does not need any further discussion and thus bumping it serves no purpose.
        5. Your message is mostly quotes or spoilers.
        6. Your reply has occurred very quickly after a previous reply and likely does not add anything to the thread.
        7. This thread is locked.