What would you choose Tufts or Case???

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

JMoney

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Which do you think is better clinically?? Better chance of getting into a speciality??

Thanks in advance
Jason

Members don't see this ad.

JMoney said:
Which do you think is better clinically?? Better chance of getting into a speciality??

Thanks in advance
Jason

Same clinically.... honestly (you get out what you put in). chance of specialty.... equal (bust your bum and do well on boards and class ranking). Cleveland or boston?

crappy answer but true.

Members don't see this ad :)
where would you guys/gals want to go?? Which is better???? :idea:

bump need more info

i think i would choose tufts

Does anyone know of anyone and the forum who is currently/or attended at Tufts dental school??

About 15% of Tufts kids specialize, so you may want to look into that a little more if you want to specialize.

Not sure why the specialty percentage is so low given their impressive board scores. May be due to personal reasons.

Rezdawg said:
About 15% of Tufts kids specialize, so you may want to look into that a little more if you want to specialize.

Not sure why the specialty percentage is so low given their impressive board scores. May be due to personal reasons.

Didn't they have many years of average board scores and then one amazing year? Maybe that's why.

Rezdawg said:

the 15% of kids specializing should not be a number to look down upon....what if only 15% of the kids applied???

It would be different if Tufts said that every year only 15% specialize and its a quota but this is not the case......its variable....every year is different.

What if only 15% of the students applied? Then that stat becomes a very impressive one. Next year, 30% of the students may apply. Who knows.

Look Im gonna say the same $hit....dont goto a school because you think it will help you to specialize....cause trust me, you will regret it later on if you dont match......nothing in life is a guarantee (which those people who went to schools such as Columbia and didnt match learn the hard way)

If you really need to specialize, then you need to work hard at any school......name of your school takes you nowhere except further in debt.

Very true, only 15% of the students may have applied to specialty programs. Thats why I said that it may be due to personal preference.

Tufts didn't have many years of average scores and one good one. They had many years of good scores and 2 years of average scores. At the interview people asked them about it and they admitted that they made some mistakes with those classes. Apparently they forced the students to take the boards sooner (or something). I wasn't too concerned so I didn't write anything down. I saw that they had done well before those 2 years and well after those years.

Good enough for me (But I'm not planning on specializing).

Utes

If you don't like Dallas, sure you'd hate Cleveland deep to your gut. In your case, I would say "Go to Boston". :)

i know of 3rd year couples at Tufts, and they both seem very happy there.
i don't know about case, or cleveland for that matter, but i know that if you like snow, boston is it!