What would you do?

lindell12a

10+ Year Member
Jul 15, 2007
  1. Pre-Medical
    So I'm graduating this May and I've applied to dental schools who are currently showing no love. This would be due to the fact that my cum GPA right now is around a 2.8-2.9 (with a dramatic upward trend!) and my DAT score was around a 16, which is not so hot.

I'm definitely re-taking the DAT in April/early May.

The thing is, I'm not quite sure what to do. I don't want to spend more than a year in a program (this is actually not because I am stubborn, but for family purposes that are seemingly complex). I don't think an SMP would accept me, and if they did -- what kind of DAT score would I have to have to make up for my terrible GPA? And would they wait until early May to receive the scores?

I was thinking about the Harvard Extension post-bac but would one semester of courses really do much for my GPA? I mean, how many courses does one take during one semester of post-bac? And if I'm correct, post-bacs aren't viewed as a new GPA to medical schools but as averaged into the undergrad GPA. Is that accurate or do medical schools actually see a separate post-bac GPA?

What would you advise would be a good course of action for me to take? Anything would be great. :oops:

About the Ads
    This thread is more than 13 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. Your new thread title is very short, and likely is unhelpful.
    2. Your reply is very short and likely does not add anything to the thread.
    3. Your reply is very long and likely does not add anything to the thread.
    4. It is very likely that it does not need any further discussion and thus bumping it serves no purpose.
    5. Your message is mostly quotes or spoilers.
    6. Your reply has occurred very quickly after a previous reply and likely does not add anything to the thread.
    7. This thread is locked.