Quantcast

What Would You Guys Recommend?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

RU1992

Reaction score
I'm really torn on what to do. I interviewed at my top two schools but haven't heard anything back from them since the day of the interview. What would you guys recommend I do? I'm coming close to the point where I have to put a deposit on my other schools, so I'm wondering what I should do in my situation. Thanks in advance for any advice.

monkeyteeth

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
if it was before mid-November then call them. Why are people afraid of calling the admission office? :confused:

When did you interview? Did they tell you when you could expect an answer about whether you were accepted?

Bis-GMA111

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
I'm really torn on what to do. I interviewed at my top two schools but haven't heard anything back from them since the day of the interview. What would you guys recommend I do? I'm coming close to the point where I have to put a deposit on my other schools, so I'm wondering what I should do in my situation. Thanks in advance for any advice.

w/ regards to umdnj, don't expect to hear anything at least until mid january. you're going to have to put a deposit down somewhere else, no other way of getting around that.

RU1992

Reaction score
@PreDent: Well, I guess that's advice for one of my schools :)

The other school I'm waiting on, I called but they said they have no update on me right now and that the Admissions Office keeps going back/forth on my decision. It was in mid-November and others were accepted, but I just haven't heard anything either way. I was supposed to hear back with all the other acceptances on Dec. 3, just like others at this school, but I didn't. The problem comes up with the fact that most of these schools are going to be off the next week or so :/

SES0112

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Just put a deposit on the school you choose that have already accepted you. They see your potential and at the end of the day our goal is to be a dentist. Good luck

watchursmile

Reaction score
Just put down your payment to save your spot. It is a very common situation, unfortunately you will have to forfeit that money if you get into your top choice but in the long run it is negligible. Good Luck!

periopocket

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey RU sent my deposit in today as my number 1 suggested...they said my chances were good but would not here till mid-late January and its was best I hold a seat...the loss will Be worth it in long run...safety comes first!

RU1992

Reaction score
I guess thats the only option left. I'll do that and hope I get into other schools as the cycle continues.