What would you recommend?

Started by Rockoman
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

Rockoman

New Member
7+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Hi,

I am going into my senior year undergrad at a UC. I am interested in a postbacc program and possibly just staying a 5th year with another major.

I have a 3.05 cGPA and sGPA of about 3.0.
Both of these will continue on a upward trend my senior year (freshman year was a 2.5 sophomore 3.3 junior 3.4).
I expect to end with a cGPA of ~3.2-3.3 and sGPA around 3.2 as well. I am taking the MCAT this year in January.

I have some research and volunteer experience in the hospital but will improve this Fall. Involved in a fraternity on campus and do a good amount of community service through it.

So I wanted to know what postbac options I should be looking at. Is it possible to not do a postbac and get in if I ace this next year and get a good MCAT? If I did do a postbacc I would want it to be at the best school possible for me to get into.

Thank you for the help!