What would you wear to meet a new potential employer?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

LeonbergerLover

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
What would you wear to an interview/tour/meet the team at a practice you are considering working at? I'm guessing business casual? Or go for a suit? I've been wearing scrubs for so long since COVID that I need to check my closet.

Members don't see this ad.

Business casual is what I wore. A suit is too much in my opinion. You want to look nice/professional, but you may have the opportunity to shadow appointments or procedures during your visit so you also want your attire to be appropriate for that.

Reactions: 1 users
Agreed that a suit is not needed. I wore business casual (dress pants, blouse, blazer).

Business casual with tie, suit optional. No formal wear such as a tux or going to the bar attire. For women, business pants, skirt professional appearing top with/without jacket. You will be assessed not by just how the interview goes, but also by how you look. They want a candidate that will represent the profession, school, and themselves well. To those who read this, I wish you well.