What you need to Know about Howard Dean

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Freeeedom!

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
As written in Emergency Physicians Monthly, January 2004 pages 1,8-9,16

The best source for this article is the Print article itself, it cannot be found on the website.
You may write to recieve a copy at [email protected]

Here are some out takes from the article on Howard Dean and his ideas on healthcare:

"1. Federally subsidized insurance would pay for chiropractic treatment without referral or oversight of a physician. 'As President of the United States, I will work towards further integrating chiropractic care into these systems-and into all federal health care programs and systems where chiropractic is excluded or not adequately provided"

"4. Empower pharmacists and other non-physician providers to manage the cases of Medicaid patients"

"7. Work with organized labor to establish home care nursing unions"...the Sopranos meet grandma and the LPN's. Gotta have a smoking break...its in my union bylaws

"11. Encourage and facilitate the sale of prescriptoin durgs on the internet from foreign countries"

"Mr. Dean promises to : Allow Nurse practitioners practice independently; Expand the role and compensation of Nurse Practitioners"

"Governor Dean believes that, as an interist, the majority of people he saw on a first visit could have received excellent care from a competent nurse practtioner, without his direct supervision"

Original article by Mark L. Plaster, MD

Emergency Physicians Monthly
PO box 4400
Wilmington, DE 19807

I encourage you to act!

Members don't see this ad.

Status
Not open for further replies.