MD What're My Chances?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

ambeyonce

2+ Year Member
7+ Year Member
Reaction score
removed

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
Members don't see this ad :)
Are you from the IE? San Joaquin Valley? Are you SDA? If so, there is a modest chance that you could get interviews in CA.
By far, your better bets will be OOS. You need to target the Jesuits and privates with a median MCAT around 30.
Needless to say, DO would be a consideration. I can't recommend CNU.

Reactions: 1 user
Are you from the IE? San Joaquin Valley? Are you SDA? If so, there is a modest chance that you could get interviews in CA.
By far, your better bets will be OOS. You need to target the Jesuits and privates with a median MCAT around 30.
Needless to say, DO would be a consideration. I can't recommend CNU.
Thanks! I'd love to stay in California but I've definitely accepted that I will likely leave California and I'm okay with that also.
I'm not SDA or from the Inland Empire, so nothing to really speak to that. I'm nervous because California schools seem to have stats beyond my reach but from what I understand many schools don't have high OOS acceptances-so I sort of feel screened out of my state as well as other states.

Private schools don't care where you live. It's the OOS public schools that do. Follow gyngyn's advice.

Sent from my iPad using SDN mobile app

Reactions: 1 users
Thanks! I'd love to stay in California but I've definitely accepted that I will likely leave California and I'm okay with that also.
I'm not SDA or from the Inland Empire, so nothing to really speak to that. I'm nervous because California schools seem to have stats beyond my reach but from what I understand many schools don't have high OOS acceptances-so I sort of feel screened out of my state as well as other states.
Buy the MSAR.
Identify the OOS schools that take at least 20% OOS (mostly privates) and have median MCATs of around 30. Eliminate the mission-based schools (e.g. HBCU's). Consider the 3 Puerto Rican schools that accept mainlanders if you speak Spanish. You would be a good candidate at both CA DO schools.

Reactions: 1 user