1. The SDN iPhone App is back and free through November! Get it today and please post a review on the App Store!
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice

Interview Feedback: Visit Interview Feedback to view and submit interview information.

Interviewing Masterclass: Free masterclass on interviewing from SDN and Medical College of Georgia

What's a good master's GPA

Discussion in 'Re-Applicants [ MD / DO ]' started by medstu110, Mar 20, 2004.

1. medstu110

medstu110 Senior Member
    7+ Year Member

I was just wondering what medical schools consider as a good GPA for a master's degree.

2. Note: SDN Members do not see this ad.

3. exmike

exmike NOR * CAL
    10+ Year Member

Fellow [Any Field]
    depends on the program, but i'd really say it needs to be above a 3.5 minimum.

4. XCanadianRagwee

XCanadianRagwee Membership Revoked
    Removed

i was told...as long as you get the degree we don't care...

5. Maxip

Maxip Member
    7+ Year Member

The prevailing opinion seems the be that graduate work should be easier, or at the least less competitive, than undergraduate work. In my case, this was true (3.2 ov/3.0 sc UG, 3.8 sc GR). If its a "hard" science degree you will get some bonus points for difficulty and relevance to medicine. If its an MPH in Public Health Management or something, get yourself a damn good GPA :p

My graduate degree got me from no interviews after UG to a pretty much instant interview and acceptance after graduate school. Good luck!

6. DocKW

DocKW Member
    7+ Year Member

I am in the same predicament as you UG wise, and just wanted to know which Master's program did you do? Was it 1 yr or 2 yr?

Thanks!

7. camstah

camstah running thru dandelions
    7+ Year Member

my MPH (at UCLA) was NOT easy, at least in my opinion....usually there's serious grade inflation in grad school, but not the case here i think......still, a good public health school.....lots of cool people to meet.....

8. Maxip

Maxip Member
    7+ Year Member

I did a 2 year MS in Toxicology. Doesn't have a hell of a lot to do with medicine, but the med school I got into was very research based and seemed to respond well to it. I went with this degree because I honestly thought my chances were shot, so I wanted to at least be able to work for a pharm company. Just goes to show... just when you give up, you get a break!

9. medstu110

medstu110 Senior Member
    7+ Year Member