What's appropriate to put as extracurriculars? DPT

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

blackmamba1999

5+ Year Member
Reaction score
Okay, so I was wondering if being an active admin of a facebook group with 50k members is something I could put on my PT school application under extra-curriculars? I'm also part of an online community which aims to help people suffering from any kind of problems in life, i'm a "trained listener" according to the website, and I do put in a good amount of hours on both things. I know it's kind of non-traditional, but I feel like they shouldn't be inappropriate to include in my PT school application, but then again, I'm generally pretty clueless. Would appreciate any advice on this.

Thanks.

Members don't see this ad.

Why not call programs you are interested in and just ask?

Admissions at the schools here in Texas have all been very helpful with odd questions like this for me. Hell, the other day I called one of them and chatted with the admissions rep for a while about what kind of things I should write about in my PTCAS essay. If the admissions people are not helpful or rude I would treat it as a red flag about the school.

I have been a competitive freestyle skier and competed in competitions and online video competitions. They were all through different organizations, how would I lay that out in the space where it says "Organization"?

Why not call programs you are interested in and just ask?

Admissions at the schools here in Texas have all been very helpful with odd questions like this for me. Hell, the other day I called one of them and chatted with the admissions rep for a while about what kind of things I should write about in my PTCAS essay. If the admissions people are not helpful or rude I would treat it as a red flag about the school.

Would you mind sharing some insight on what they told you? I'm applying to only Texas schools! Anything you are willing to share would be appreciated :)