Whats going on?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

futuredentist3107

2+ Year Member
Reaction score
I have applied to 20 schools this cycle. I have only had one interview thus far and it ended up with me getting waitlisted. I have heard from three other schools and they have all rejeceted me without an interview.

My stats are 3.6 Masters GPA, 20 AA DAT, 2 years of assisting in oral surgery experience, countless hours of volunteering experience, research lab rotation experience.

When should I start worrying? I have seen on facebook groups people with lower stats than mine getting up to 7 interviews and multiple acceptances and am starting to worry that something is wrong

Members don't see this ad.

Submitted on midnight the first date apps opened. Supplemental fees were paid within a month or two after for all schools, basically as soon as i got them

Members don't see this ad :)
I have applied to 20 schools this cycle. I have only had one interview thus far and it ended up with me getting waitlisted. I have heard from three other schools and they have all rejeceted me without an interview.

My stats are 3.6 Masters GPA, 20 AA DAT, 2 years of assisting in oral surgery experience, countless hours of volunteering experience, research lab rotation experience.

When should I start worrying? I have seen on facebook groups people with lower stats than mine getting up to 7 interviews and multiple acceptances and am starting to worry that something is wrong
Undergrad GPA? School list?

Big Hoss

Reactions: 1 user
What was your undergrad gpa? Any scores below 17 on your DAT? School list and state of residence?

One thing i'm seeing, and the only reason is see it because i did an MS as well, is the 3.6 masters gpa. Typically you want it at 4.0 or very close to it for masters since your undergrad GPA wasn't ideal.

Reactions: 1 user

What is your overall GPA? UG? Science? what shadowing experience? I am also wondering about your LORs or if there is some red flag on your PS.

20 schools and only 1 interview makes me wonder what your personal statement was like.

Reactions: 3 users