What's good about contract 4-6 months?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

bbooss

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
There are some recruiters put jobs for temp contracts 4-6 months as mail Rx services. Does anybody know what's the deal with that?

Members don't see this ad.

There are some recruiters put jobs for temp contracts 4-6 months as mail Rx services. Does anybody know what's the deal with that?

those are the only job offers ive had in 2 years. nothing but temp jobs. i dont know if its better to keep the part time job i have now or risk taking a temp job that "may" turn into full time if they like you.

Members don't see this ad :)
those are the only job offers ive had in 2 years. nothing but temp jobs. i dont know if its better to keep the part time job i have now or risk taking a temp job that "may" turn into full time if they like you.

Is it a mail sernices or pharmacy? Did they treat you good, offered you something?

Is it a mail sernices or pharmacy? Did they treat you good, offered you something?

i havent accepted any of those job offers. Right now Im part time but its a sure thing. Im afraid to take a temp job and be unemployed in 4 months. Most of the offers have been for mail order pharmacies.

i havent accepted any of those job offers. Right now Im part time but its a sure thing. Im afraid to take a temp job and be unemployed in 4 months. Most of the offers have been for mail order pharmacies.

The thing with temp agencies is that if you did good in one position, they try to line you up with another position when that one is gonna end.

The thing with temp agencies is that if you did good in one position, they try to line you up with another position when that one is gonna end.

So, for the next contract can I ask for more money?

So, for the next contract can I ask for more money?

Not in this market, just take what they can give you if its acceptable. Most temp agencies that I've been contacted by offer between $51-55/hour for hospital work in NYC. Most of these places are looking for people with good IV admixture skills.

Does anyone have any opinion or stats on per diem or contract rates for independent pharmacies? I'm hearing some crazy numbers that the staffing agencies are charging and was wondering if anyone knew any specific numbers or has had to contract with one.

Staffing agencies charge ME $90-$110 per hour. That's not what they pay you though.

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile

I'm working as a per diem/contract pharmacist and I think I've priced myself too low at $60 and going to be renegotiating. Does anyone know of any links on current rates?