What's in YOUR peripheral Brain

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

aboveliquidice

No sacrifice - No victory
Moderator Emeritus
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Over the Xmas break - I am planning to re-do my P.Brain...

What's in yours???

Electrolytes / Blood gas / CBC with diff
Guidelines
- JNC7
- Framingham 10 yr risk assessment
- STEMI vs NSTEMI vs Unstable Angina treatment
- ADA
- GOLD
- CKD
Common Calculations

What else???

~above~

Members don't see this ad.

Mine's gotta be pretty close to that, maybe add a few critical care guideline articles on top of the mess. Also lets throw in the coagulation pathway just for kicks.

Members don't see this ad :)
CHF
Anticoagulation
DM
Hypertension
Hyperlipidemia
Tuberculosis
Migraines
Hyperthyroidism
Medicare Part D
Evidence-based medicine

...and sepsis and VAP. :annoyed:

VAP = Vulcan Arterial Pressure, Venous-arterial Pressure, Vats at play, Varies Among Primates, Voodoo Animatronics Puppets, Villians Among Peeps...

You got me - What is VAP???

Nice - we have not done ID yet... supposed to be one of the hard blocks this spring. I was just looking at the APha peripheral brain - does anyone have any experience using it???

I am still updating my P.brain - we had a mini "rounds w/ attending" exercise on Friday. We had (2) patients. Here is the one I got...

29 yo white female reports to ED for severe nausea/vomiting and weight loss associated w/ pregnancy. She is a DM I, has Hypothyroidism for 6 yrs, pregnant for 26 weeks, and last week sprained her ankle. She is a high risk pregnancy due to a previous miscarriage.

She was the only one I really worked up - and I got owned. My problems list was sound, and my assessment was decent. However, I missed DVT prophylaxis. Also - I knew she was dehydrated, but I couldn't find a formula in my p.brain for pregnant women - using the standard forumla reports no water defecit (it uses Na as the primary indicator)... so I got owned on that too.

Was this patient especially hard? Or is rounding always like this?

~above~

brand/generic names for cancer and AIDS drugs ;)

what are you guys talking about?? :p

are you gonna study/review during the holidays, is that what's the thread about?

peripheral brain....?

just maintaining my vast and recently acquired knowledge of OTC products and exclusions to OTC Tx

oh, and learning to ski or snowboard during a week vacation in Denver

P2 year ftw.

Then I get to go back and start my therapeutic modules:love: