What's my chance? HELP Please!!!!

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Hopeatlast

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey everyone,

My undergraduate science GPA is 2.5 and overall GPA is about the same (oddly). My graduate GPA is 3.42 and i am going to get Master degree in biochem next may (05/2009). i was wondering with my stat, can i get into a P-school. I haven't take my PCAT yet. I heard a lot of school don't require PCAT. I am from california. Do you think i can get in a California P-school. Please help, thank you

Members don't see this ad.

So how many "what's my chance?" threads are you going to make? You still have some more professions to cover.

Anyways, your GPA is too low for I think every school. Schools have minimum GPAs they require. I think there are some that start at 2.6, but usually the min starts around 2.8 or higher.

Hopeatlast....YEAH U WONT get in with a 2.5 BS gpa.....maybe the graduate gpa gives u some hope but im pretty sure ur pharmacy prereq courses are expired (4-5 yrs courses expire)........

SO Ur chances are slim to none.....U WONT GET IN

Members don't see this ad :)
Hopeatlast....YEAH U WONT get in with a 2.5 BS gpa.....maybe the graduate gpa gives u some hope but im pretty sure ur pharmacy prereq courses are expired (4-5 yrs courses expire)........

SO Ur chances are slim to none.....U WONT GET IN

Maybe if you spent less time spreading your negativity you might have gotten in yourself.

oh kkkkkkkkkkk... thx for clearing that up...

just focus on retaking those pre reqs. there are schools that recalculate your GPA even after what pharmcas does (if they participate in pharmcas) and they usually take the higher of the two and eliminate the lower grade. so just make sure to focus on that...there are also places on the supplementals where you can explain why you did bad--use it to your advantage. if you dont get admission this year...use this year to repeat a lot of your classes you may have received Cs or below...

you will be ok!

if your grades are expired...4-5 years ago, you make request for academic forgiveness. retake the pre-reqs and take the pcat and you'll have a good chance of getting in~ iam not sure how weighted the master's degree is, unless you are applying to a school heavily noted for its research in pharmacy, i.e., UCSF