What's next for chiefs on this forum?

Started by hotbovie1
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

hotbovie1

Member
7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
If memory serves, womansurg is a chief this year. What's next, womansurg...fellowship, job, extended trip to Euorpe?

And to our other surgery residents who graciously take time to post, I don't recally offhand if any of you are chiefs, but I'd love to know what any chiefs posting here will be doing next year.
 
Private practice in the pacific northwest.

I really worked to seek out a broad surgery practice - the kind that you can't politically cultivate in an urban area because of the subspecialty competition. I'll be working out of a rural referral hospital which services a large part of the rural portion of the state. We have interventional radiologists, nuc med/CT/MRI, plastic surgery (no butt flaps!), neurosurgery, and orthopedic surgery support. We also have our own Lifeflight, and so essentially function as a Level I trauma center for that part of the state.

I'll be doing noncardiac thoracic, vascular, general, and trauma surgery. I have one partner, but share call with the five surgeons in town, so call is 1:5.
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Originally posted by womansurg
We have interventional radiologists, nuc med/CT/MRI, plastic surgery (no butt flaps!), neurosurgery, and orthopedic surgery support.

How could you give that up????
😀
 
Originally posted by Idiopathic
That sounds like...THE GREATEST JOB EVER!! I would imagine that you are very excited.
Methinks, as well! 🙂 My partner's looking to retire in about five years or so...c'mon out and interview.
 
Originally posted by womansurg
Private practice in the pacific northwest.

I'll be doing noncardiac thoracic, vascular, general, and trauma surgery. I have one partner, but share call with the five surgeons in town, so call is 1:5.

Is that absolutely 1:5 call or will you still be taking call on "your patients (post-op, etc...)" the other 4 nights and on the 5th night taking call on all outside hits?
 
Last edited by a moderator: