whats the best radiology text for third yr?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

madMSII

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Anybody know of a popular radiology text for a beginner?

Members don't see this ad.

Just had a third year radiology rotation. Looked at a ton of books and Learning Radiology by Herring was by far the best. There is a website that is free which is written by the author but the text is more complete and comprehensive.

Felsons principles is highly recommended by our residents.

Members don't see this ad :)
Just had a third year radiology rotation. Looked at a ton of books and Learning Radiology by Herring was by far the best. There is a website that is free which is written by the author but the text is more complete and comprehensive.
highly agree. this is all you need

Is there really any benefit to reading more than Felsons/Herring? I find myself becoming increasingly lazy now that 4th year is in full swing...

Is there really any benefit to reading more than Felsons/Herring? I find myself becoming increasingly lazy now that 4th year is in full swing...
Benefit how?
To make you look better on the rare instance an attending decides to pimp you? Maybe Radiology Recall

To help you for residency? Nothing. Too big of a gap for the knowledge to stick.

Benefit how?
To make you look better on the rare instance an attending decides to pimp you? Maybe Radiology Recall

To help you for residency? Nothing. Too big of a gap for the knowledge to stick.
I definitely wasn't preparing for residency. I meant only in the sense of knowing some basic stuff so that when an attending asks me simple questions, I don't completely blank. But yea...you don't really get pimped much on rads, it's nice. Probably cause we don't know enough.