1. Hey Guest! Check out the 3 MCAT Study Plan Options listed in the 'stickies' area at the top of the forums (BoomBoom, SN2ed, and MCATJelly). Let us know which you like best.

Also, we now offer a MCAT Test-Prep Exhibitions Forum where you can ask questions directly from the test-prep services.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dismiss Notice
  3. Download free Tapatalk for iPhone or Tapatalk for Android for your phone and follow the SDN forums with push notifications.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. Hey Texans—join us for a DFW meetup! Click here to learn more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice

Interview Feedback: Visit Interview Feedback to view and submit interview information.

Interviewing Masterclass: Free masterclass on interviewing from SDN and Medical College of Georgia

What's the deal??

Discussion in 'MCAT Discussions' started by premyo2002, Mar 25, 2004.

1. premyo2002

7+ Year Member

I know two people that are taking the mcat in April, and they have already decided to take the august one also. Please tell me these people are the only pre-meds doing this sort of thing.
    Would anyone like to offer a reason, besides stupidity, why they would do this??
    I asked one person, and she/he said, "I know im going to do bad in April, so im gonna take it in august also"
    arrrgggg

2. Note: SDN Members do not see this ad.

3. ASDIC

ASDIC The 9th Flotilla
    15+ Year Member

Medical Student
    i have heard of many people who take the MCAT unprepared and say..."let me see how I will do it on it first" or " i want to see how it is like"

whats the point? 200 dollars down the drain and a bad record?

4. fuzzylogic

fuzzylogic Senior Member
    7+ Year Member

don't worry so much about what others will do. take the exam if you are ready. if you wait until august, your app will be delayed for two months or so. you might not want to be in that situation. again, if you are ready, take it and apply EARLY. good luck.

5. premyo2002

7+ Year Member

Generally I like people and when they are doing something stupid, I like to figure out why? I personally will not re-take the mcat under any circumstance. I know I will do fine and get accepted somewhere, eventually. I was wondering if anyone here has some insight.
    I think kegal knows where I'm coming from..

6. gary5

gary5 Senior Member
    7+ Year Member

Take it when you're ready. April is better. August is OK.

7. WonderBoy

Physician 10+ Year Member

Attending Physician

:laugh: Man, I have heard that soo many times. But people change their tunes real quick when they get those low twenties.

Well good luck anyway.

8. bella_dottoressa

bella_dottoressa make it happen
    7+ Year Member

It would always be better to score high in August and be late than to score low in April and be early.

9. premyo2002

7+ Year Member

I hope I wont score in the low twenties, and I sincerly doubt I will. I'm not trying to sound arrogant, I just do not want to put myself through this hell again.

10. mrsmotivation

mrsmotivation Member
    7+ Year Member

I've made up my mind that I'm retaking it in August and my mindset is, " I can always do better with 4 months to study."

11. premyo2002

7+ Year Member

Mrs. mot.

Have you already taken the mcat? the people I am talking about haven't even taken it yet.. They plan on bombing the first time.