What's the one thing you don't want adcoms to know about you?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

silas2642

silas2642
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
I don't want them to know I listen to Ricki Martin and other pop stars. I don't want them to know my mailman has a restraining order against me and that I'm sitting here by the mailbox waiting for him as I'm "livin la vida loca." It's embarassing. Anyone else?

Members don't see this ad.

silas2642 said:
I don't want them to know I listen to Ricki Martin and other pop stars. I don't want them to know my mailman has a restraining order against me and that I'm sitting here by the mailbox waiting for him as I'm "livin la vida loca." It's embarassing. Anyone else?

That I'm a cannibal.

justskipee said:
That I'm a cannibal.
pfftt, you're telling me! Imagine what I have to tell the family when I tell them about Thanksgiving dinner.

Members don't see this ad :)
potato51 said:
pfftt, you're telling me! Imagine what I have to tell the family when I tell them about Thanksgiving dinner.

Yeah, that could be awkward.

potato51 said:

mom, could you please pass me a finger.

fullefect1 said:
3 nipples.

Wow, I'm thinking about having my extra toe removed by Dr. Rey from Dr. 90210... how about you third nipple? By the way, do you have a name for your nipple? Or is that just a perverted thing for you to do.

I don't want them to know that I am stupid and ugly...and that I am actually an apple.

That they are a backup and there's almost no chance I'll attend there.

Cozmosis said:
Totally not even posting here :)

I agree....lest they find out...
:eek: they are everywhere you know? :scared:

Members don't see this ad :)
That I'm going to medical school just so I can spend long nights walking the wards with Izzie from Grey's Anatomy.

That I am a horse

actually i lied- i am actually a broomstick

that I like wearing women's underwear.

haha, this thread just breeds funniness.

TheProwler said:
That I'm going to medical school just so I can spend long nights walking the wards with Izzie from Grey's Anatomy.

Look out for the syph... ;) Just kidding, she didn't even sleep with Alex.

ShyRem said:
That I'm actually just faking my way through life. Really. It's all just a big huge bluff.

Me too. It gets ridiculous when I pretend to be a pilot long enough that they start giving me planes to fly. I've pulled it off every time so far, though.

Great response... I feel this way also.

ShyRem said:
That I'm actually just faking my way through life. Really. It's all just a big huge bluff.

ShyRem said:

Me too.

But you, MoosePilot, nimotsu and I must be doing such a good job of faking it that in the end, it doesn't really matter that we are. Nobody else seems to notice. ;)

I promote the poop thread*

*if you or a loved one does not know what the poop thread is, then I can show you.

I don't want them to know that I'm not really a little black kid. shhhhhhhh. :cool:

That even my mother hates me and has to put a paper bag over my head to kiss me goodnight.

IDforMe said:
Me too.

But you, MoosePilot, nimotsu and I must be doing such a good job of faking it that in the end, it doesn't really matter that we are. Nobody else seems to notice. ;)

Does everyone feel that way?! :eek:

I've been wondering if becoming a parent is the final step in becoming a true adult. Or is that just an act, too?

Moose, it's all an act. I wish a 'parent handbook' had popped out right after my kids. But it didn't.

I wouldn't have been in such a hurry to grow up if I knew the whole thing was going to be ad-libbed. (borrowed from Calvin & Hobbes - truer words were never spoken).

I don't know how to read or write. God bless my helper monkey.
monkeys-1.jpg

ShyRem said:
Moose, it's all an act. I wish a 'parent handbook' had popped out right after my kids. But it didn't.

I wouldn't have been in such a hurry to grow up if I knew the whole thing was going to be ad-libbed. (borrowed from Calvin & Hobbes - truer words were never spoken).
I thought you said "pooped" not "popped". I was like "ouch! She just pooped a large book". Sorry, just woke up. :sleep: :laugh:

ShyRem said:

It's weird, because as a kid I feel I was genuine, but as an adult it feels like ad-lib. What's the difference?

Something I wouldn't want them to know... my bedroom is messy-- stacks of books and paper everywhere.

Maybe I shouldn't want them to know that sometimes I'm a big, fat procrastinator but on the other hand, I kind of do!

Example:

This week I had to complete a 15-week clinical/analytical chemistry course in FOUR DAYS. Yes, I know, big procrastinator. But the impressive part was that I memorized 800+ pages of material and still got a 93%. I was pretty damn impressed with myself. I think that shows that I can be very disciplined and I have a good brain. :)

I also kind of wish that I could tell them just how squarely responsible I am: that I NEVER speed, have never gotten a ticket of any kind, had my name written on the chalkboard one time in my life (6th grade, I cried), have never done anything remotely illegal, and I even pick up other people's litter.

So square... so so square...

MoosePilot said:
It's weird, because as a kid I feel I was genuine, but as an adult it feels like ad-lib. What's the difference?
As a kid you've got your parents to protect you, to help you along, to praise you, to congratulate you, to guide you. When you grow up you're on your own - protect yourself, help yourself, praise yourself, congratulate yourself, and no guidance other than looking in the mirror every morning saying "what the f*&k am I doing? Is this really what I want to do every day? There has GOT to be more to life than this... this isn't what I signed up for." And then you start looking for what you really want to do in life; when you find it you feel less like you're just MSU'ing it. (MSU = Make S**t Up)

justskipee said:
that I like wearing women's underwear.

oh yeah I like wearing woman's underwear too

wait, I am a woman

that i'm a virgin

That I have an extremely short fuse and will snap at patients with no warning whatsoever. And I have no respect for human life at all - I favor physician-initiated euthenasia.

;)

That I'm doing it for the money. :D (Of course I'm kidding...it's for the women!)

That I'm a huge Harry Potter fan... yet somehow Harry Potter has come up in nearly every interview :laugh:

JustBreathe said:
That I'm a huge Harry Potter fan... yet somehow Harry Potter has come up in nearly every interview :laugh:
:laugh: Good old Dr. Brooks at VCU. Great guy. :laugh:

temper, always gotta keep that beast in check. I know others who have the same issue, I was always told it mellows with age, I disagree you just learn how to deal with it better

That I think much of internal medicine is an expensive sham. Give me a scalpel and something to aim it at anyday, over a parade of gomers and veggies who just need to die.

Also, reading the "strangest interviews" thread has shown me a disturbing phenomenon - the psych interviewer who spends the hour grilling you about your childhood. That happens, I'm really doomed. :scared: I don't condone lying in interviews, but if this comes up...argh, but I'm a bad liar...maybe I'll just fake a seizure.

that i beat up a kid who was harassing me within an inch of his life

he was in a coma for 4 months

people have mostly stayed out of my way from then on...

that i have chronic uncontrollable explosive diarrhea, especially after 9 pm, and ESPECIALLY after eating cabbage.

That my friends call me a heartless bastard.

And that the honest answer to the "what do you do with your free time" is: booze.

I wouldn't want them to know that the majority of the my knowledge comes from cartoons and comic books. And I cried like a sissy when they killed Superman back in the 90's.

I shamelessly fart in front of my friends. :cool: Actually, we have competitions sometimes.

I pick my nose, roll the snot into a perfect little ball between my thumb and forefinger, then pop it in my mouth and play with it with my tongue for a little while before I swallow.

Mmmm. Salty.

Dr.Erin2B said:
I pick my nose, roll the snot into a perfect little ball between my thumb and forefinger, then pop it in my mouth and play with it with my tongue for a little while before I swallow.

Mmmm. Salty.

omg...that is sick. I actually visualized that as I read and now I am completely nauseous...I'm dry heaving at work...

So I think you should know: I've killed a lot of people. Some girls in the apartment uptown uh, some homeless people maybe 5 or 10 um an NYU girl I met in Central Park. I left her in a parking lot behind some donut shop. I killed Bethany, my old girlfriend, with a nail gun, and some man uh some old ****** with a dog last week. I killed another girl with a chainsaw, I had to, she almost got away and uh someone else there I can't remember maybe a model, but she's dead too. And Paul Allen. I killed Paul Allen with an axe in the face, his body is dissolving in a bathtub in Hell's Kitchen. I don't want to leave anything out here. I guess I've killed maybe 20 people, maybe 40. I have tapes of a lot of it, uh some of the girls have seen the tapes. I even, um... I ate some of their brains, and I tried to cook a little. Tonight I, uh, I just had to kill a LOT of people. And I'm not sure I'm gonna get away with it this time. I guess I'll uh, I mean, ah, I guess I'm a pretty uh, I mean I guess I'm a pretty sick guy. So, if you get back tomorrow, meet me at Harry's Bar, so you know, keep your eyes open.

That I helped ShyRem genetically engineer those uber-children in her avatar. They are gorgeous, athletic, self-assured and confident.