what's up with harvard's status check

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

choker

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
i dont know who started the rumor that harvard was putting up a status check, but what's up with that?

Members don't see this ad.

As far as I know, Harvard WILL put up a status check once it begins reviewing files. As of yet the school has barely begun even looking at materials to see if applications are completed. When they start sifting through them, they're supposed to send us an e-mail with the link for the status check.

Am I wrong about this??? :confused:

Morninglight, I think you're right, but I noticed Harvard was added to the interview list. I wonder if it's another hoax? or if someone actually got it. I posted the e-mail I received from their office about two weeks ago that said they had just begun looking at apps. Maybe they're trying really hard to catch up and so they're offering interviews immediately? Will the person who added Harvard please confirm or deny this? Thanks!

I can *confirm* verbally and in-person that HMS is supposedly putting up a link to check one's status. However, all they would say is "when its available, we'll send out an email."

Based on that, one could conclude that it is not beyond the realm of possibility that they might not end up implementing it. I mean, it would seem that this year we should assume things won't work until proven otherwise.

As of last week, HMS was *not* interviewing regular MD applicants. The person who put up Harvard doesn't provide an email address nor do they allow for private messages. Thus, I could not determine whether this was an MSTP interview perhaps...I don't know.

I reiterate girl's wishes that we should figure this out...