What's up with Tennessee

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

USCbiograd

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
So it says on the website for Tennessee that no letters of recommendation are required, but I recieved a e-mail today requesting 3 letters of recommendation.http://www.utmem.edu/dentistry/Admissions/DDS/faq.html

I really wish I would have known this so I could have had my letters sent to Tennessee at the same time they were sent to AADSAS. Has anyone else had this problem?

Members don't see this ad.

Tennessee is kinda behind when it comes to updating their website vs. their actual application requirements. I remember they didn't put biochem as a prereq until mid-summer last year so I had to scramble to take a biochem course. Just go ahead and send your letters to Memphis as soon as possible.

At least they let you know your app was incomplete! I called in October and they said I lacked general chemistry, which was untrue. It was on my transcript with all the other prereqs. I'd call them in a few weeks and make sure they have everything.

Good luck!

yea Tennessee is definately behind on the whole application thing. why they don't use aadsas is beyond me. i filled out the app almost identically to my aadsas (lengthened my PS b/c you get more space) and sent in the same rec letters.

i submitted the whole shabang last night so any idea on when i should hear from them that the app is complete?

so any idea on when i should hear from them that the app is complete?

Give them three weeks and then call to make sure they have everything (app, DAT scores, LORs, etc). Also make sure they know you've completed all the prereqs! You probably won't hear about interviews until mid-August to September. They are a school you need to be on top of as far as communicating where your app is in their system, so don't be afraid to call them.

Good luck!