wAyRadikull

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Aug 29, 2008
Philadelphia, PA
Status
Resident [Any Field]
Quick question for you guys.. whats your go to source when you're in a bind studying.. say pathology and Robbins doesn't have an answer? or if you've read a certain something in goljan, and UW has another answer??

Although it doesn't happen very often, its very irritating when it does. I was wondering what you guys did/are doing in situations like these.

I havn't come across anything as of yet so I cant provide examples, but I'm sure its going to happen soon or later, so I rather have an attack plan ready haha.

Thanks.

Adam638

10+ Year Member
7+ Year Member
May 16, 2005
Status
Resident [Any Field]
Wikipedia has saved me countless times.

tpw2k

10+ Year Member
Mar 27, 2009
Status
Medical Student
Stedman's medical dictionary or wikipedia for sure

Ferrismonk

ASA Member
10+ Year Member
Dec 11, 2006
Status
Attending Physician
I got a Blackberry in large part so I could have wikipedia immediatley available wherever I am. Seriously.

(FYI: Verizon 3G works in the basement of my school and ATT barely worked next to a 2nd floor window. That's why I got a Blackberry vs. iPhone) :D

ZagDoc

Ears, Noses, and Throats
10+ Year Member
Jul 12, 2007
Status
Resident [Any Field]
Google, I'm not kidding.
This.

Wikipedia has saved me countless times.
And this.

Wikipanion on my iPhone was gold when I needed to look up an unfamiliar term, drug, and disease and get a real quick rundown.

And yes, if you need a really good rundown of pathogenesis, epidemiology, clinical features, and treatment of a condition and you don't have access to UTD... emedicine is rad.

Last edited:

McGillGrad

Building Mind and Body
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Dec 21, 2002
Visit site
Status
Resident [Any Field]
I'll register another vote for Wiki for a quick (albeit superficial) check when I need a quick confirmation of something or other.

OP
wAyRadikull

wAyRadikull

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Aug 29, 2008
Philadelphia, PA
Status
Resident [Any Field]
Seems to be a landslide victory for Wikipedia.

I actually use Wiki quite a bit, but always felt that it was on a very superficial tip, but I guess I'm just going to stick with it :thumbup:

rahulb

nutritional facelift
10+ Year Member
Mar 17, 2007
Status
Medical Student
uptodate

1nycdoc8

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Jan 3, 2008
Status
Medical Student
Merck Manual is awesome. Either that or emed. Give Merck a try!

Instatewaiter

But... there's a troponin
10+ Year Member
Apr 28, 2006
Washington
Status
Attending Physician
I always thought it was quickest to google it (and usually used a wikipedia article) during step 1

go lakers

10+ Year Member
Apr 5, 2006
CA
Status
Fellow [Any Field]
wiki ftw

metalmd06

10+ Year Member
7+ Year Member
Nov 19, 2007
Status
Resident [Any Field]
Absoultely wiki. For the record, wiki is perfectly acceptable so long as you take a look at the sources. If I can't find it on wiki, sometimes I'll go to uptodate, or even this amazing website: http://www.pathconsultddx.com/pathCon/home

It doesn't have everything (in terms of diseases, often times it has an excess of information that isn't important) but its quick and concise.

There's also the online version of Harrison's (through my school) if I have a few extra minutes and I'm feeling very ambitious