Whats your goto source??

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

wAyRadikull

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Quick question for you guys.. whats your go to source when you're in a bind studying.. say pathology and Robbins doesn't have an answer? or if you've read a certain something in goljan, and UW has another answer??

Although it doesn't happen very often, its very irritating when it does. I was wondering what you guys did/are doing in situations like these.

I havn't come across anything as of yet so I cant provide examples, but I'm sure its going to happen soon or later, so I rather have an attack plan ready haha.

Thanks.

Members don't see this ad.

Members don't see this ad :)
I got a Blackberry in large part so I could have wikipedia immediatley available wherever I am. Seriously.

(FYI: Verizon 3G works in the basement of my school and ATT barely worked next to a 2nd floor window. That's why I got a Blackberry vs. iPhone) :D

Google, I'm not kidding.

This.

Wikipedia has saved me countless times.

And this.

Wikipanion on my iPhone was gold when I needed to look up an unfamiliar term, drug, and disease and get a real quick rundown.

And yes, if you need a really good rundown of pathogenesis, epidemiology, clinical features, and treatment of a condition and you don't have access to UTD... emedicine is rad.

Last edited:
I'll register another vote for Wiki for a quick (albeit superficial) check when I need a quick confirmation of something or other.

Seems to be a landslide victory for Wikipedia.

I actually use Wiki quite a bit, but always felt that it was on a very superficial tip, but I guess I'm just going to stick with it :thumbup:

I always thought it was quickest to google it (and usually used a wikipedia article) during step 1

Absoultely wiki. For the record, wiki is perfectly acceptable so long as you take a look at the sources. If I can't find it on wiki, sometimes I'll go to uptodate, or even this amazing website: http://www.pathconsultddx.com/pathCon/home

It doesn't have everything (in terms of diseases, often times it has an excess of information that isn't important) but its quick and concise.

There's also the online version of Harrison's (through my school) if I have a few extra minutes and I'm feeling very ambitious