What's your Myers-Briggs type?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

What's your Myers-Briggs type?

• Performer (ESFP)

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Supervisor (ESTJ)

Votes: 3 3.7%
  • Field Marshal (ENTJ)

Votes: 5 6.2%
  • Teacher (ENFJ)

• Composer (ISFP)

Votes: 1 1.2%
  • Inspector (ISTJ)

Votes: 2 2.5%
  • Mastermind (INTJ)

Votes: 29 35.8%
  • Counselor (INFJ)

Votes: 11 13.6%
  • Promoter (ESTP)

Votes: 1 1.2%
  • Provider (ESFJ)

• Inventor (ENTP)

Votes: 4 4.9%
  • Champion (ENFP)

Votes: 2 2.5%
  • Crafter (ISTP)

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Protector (ISFJ)

Votes: 5 6.2%
  • Architect (INTP)

Votes: 8 9.9%
  • Healer (INFP)

Votes: 4 4.9%

• Total voters
I hope you are aware that your image shows an orangutan, not a chimp. Are we getting our primates confused, or are you implying that every non-human primate is superior, socially-speaking, to an introverted pathologist?

Members don't see this ad.

cytoborg said:
That goes to show how ignorant those people are. They clearly don't know much about what it takes to be a pathologist.

I've met so many more quirky/unpleasant personalities in medicine, surgery, and OB than in pathology. Path people in my experience are refreshingly normal, without all the ego issues and power trips.

And BTW...being "E" or "I" has nothing to do with social skills. It has to do with what energizes you. Some people get energized by big social gatherings, while others find they feel tired afterward. But both types can perform well at the party. ;)

It is hard to be stimulated by social gatherings if you ain't got social skillz. But I know what you are saying. And I do agree that you don't meet too many pissed off

The next person that asks me "do you ever see live patients" is gonna die. No one thinks of radiology as an introverted schizoid residency, and their patient contact is brief and superficial at best. Even gas, how much actual contact do they have with patients? Enough contact to stick a needle in their arm and put em down. We need some Jon Belushi circa Animal House types in Path!

I must request that we stop comparing pathologists to chimps - I have gotten complaints that it is offensive.

For the record, higher beings can be introverted. Leonardo da Vinci was introverted.

Members don't see this ad :)
yaah said:
I must request that we stop comparing pathologists to chimps - I have gotten complaints that it is offensive.
Please tell me you're joking.

Edit: scratch that...I don't think you're joking.

AndyMilonakis said:
Please tell me you're joking.

Edit: scratch that...I don't think you're joking.

I am not joking.

Remember the Scopes trial? I am obviously not comparing this to the Scopes trial, but when people thought that proponents of Darwinism were comparing humans to monkeys they flipped out and said Darwin had to be wrong.

Of course, I believe, as do most people posting here, that this is all in good fun and not meant to be offensive to anyone. But as I have learned over the years, people can take offense at everything and anything.

Thus, I ask all to go easy on the monkey comparisons.

yaah said:
I am not joking.

Remember the Scopes trial? I am obviously not comparing this to the Scopes trial, but when people thought that proponents of Darwinism were comparing humans to monkeys they flipped out and said Darwin had to be wrong.

Of course, I believe, as do most people posting here, that this is all in good fun and not meant to be offensive to anyone. But as I have learned over the years, people can take offense at everything and anything.

Thus, I ask all to go easy on the monkey comparisons.
Good point yaah. Hence, the reason for my editing of my last post on this thread. I couldn't justify why anyone would joke about the potential offensiveness of the monkey comparisons.

I will concede and delete my earlier posts. :thumbup:

Harbster said:
I will concede and delete my earlier posts. :thumbup:
that's ok...you can profess your love for monkeys in the chatroom. :thumbup:

don't hold back now. :laugh:

tsj said:
It would just be nice if it there was more of a balance.
I completely agree. Path needs "people persons". But I wouldn't be too discouraged by the sheer numbers of "I"s responding to the poll.

Believe it or not, some of us "introverts" wear red and blast Linkin Park and laugh loudly and play hockey and yell $h!+F*CK!! at the TV and dance in mosh pits. And I don't just mean the guys! ;)

We just happen to register on the "I" part of the MBTI for whatever reason, possibly because when we are not doing the above we also like one-on-one chats and backcountry skiing and long walks on the beach and stretching out with a good book. Oh, and posting on SDN of course - which if you take to be the means to an end rather than the end itself, will find you in the company of people you wouldn't otherwise have met.

As with intelligence - which we all know to only be what intelligence tests measure :rolleyes: - I urge you to not take the MBTI readings too literally.

Well I used to be an I but apparently now am an E though. So who knows. Today's day which was annoying and involved a bizarre autopsy report is going to push me back to an I though. :(

I, too, am an INTJ:

Introverted
Narcissistic
Toplofty
Jonser

AKA: The Masturbater.