When are we supposed to hear from Columbia?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Gosh, I am sooooo nervous...this will preoccupy me until I get the decision - actually, depending on what the decision is, it'll probably preoccupy me long afterwards as well :scared: :scared: ! Good luck everyone! :luck: :luck:

Members don't see this ad.

ms2209 said:
Gosh, I am sooooo nervous...this will preoccupy me until I get the decision - actually, depending on what the decision is, it'll probably preoccupy me long afterwards as well :scared: :scared: ! Good luck everyone! :luck: :luck:

Your quote is spectacular btw. SO good luck to you!

Good lucks guys! The wait sucks but it'll be over soon. They are much later this yr - we heard by this time last yr, i think Feb 24th to be exact.

It'll come in a large priority mail envelope. It will be sorely obvious that it is an acceptance.

Feel free to PM me (and SarahGM, we are friends) with any Qs about P&S, NYC, etc. Sarah moved here from NC/upstate NY while I've been in NYC for almost 10yrs.

Bonnie

Members don't see this ad :)
missbonnie said:
Good lucks guys! The wait sucks but it'll be over soon. They are much later this yr - we heard by this time last yr, i think Feb 24th to be exact.

It'll come in a large priority mail envelope. It will be sorely obvious that it is an acceptance.

Feel free to PM me (and SarahGM, we are friends) with any Qs about P&S, NYC, etc. Sarah moved here from NC/upstate NY while I've been in NYC for almost 10yrs.

Bonnie

Hmmm priority mail..... so if it's sent on Tuesday, we should hopefully get it by Wednesday or so?.....

Mateodaspy said:
Hmmm priority mail..... so if it's sent on Tuesday, we should hopefully get it by Wednesday or so?.....

i think priority mail is in the 2-3 day range. I got the day after they mailed but I also lived 20 blocks from the school at that time. Others across the country got it 3-5 days later.

this is killing me....

do they send out accepts/rejections/wait lists all at once? or is this just going to be good news or no news?

:scared:

rme04 said:
this is killing me....

do they send out accepts/rejections/wait lists all at once? or is this just going to be good news or no news?

:scared:

I was actually wondering the same thing. I hope they send them all out, because I just want this whole thing to be over with, for better or for worse.

ms2209 said:
I was actually wondering the same thing. I hope they send them all out, because I just want this whole thing to be over with, for better or for worse.

I wonder if they would allow me to go pick mine up at the office first thing tommorrow morning :)

I'm leaving for spring break on friday. If anythings coming I hope it gets here by then.

sweatybrain said:
I wonder if they would allow me to go pick mine up at the office first thing tommorrow morning :)

LMAO, I'm with you...we can form a coalition and head over there together :D!

ms2209 said:
LMAO, I'm with you...we can form a coalition and head over there together :D!

Ajt is buddy-buddy with Dr. Frantz. I would want him in this little coalition.

sweatybrain said:
Ajt is buddy-buddy with Dr. Frantz. I would want him in this little coalition.

Of course, ajt HAS to be in the coalition...aside from being buddy-buddy with Dr. Frantz, he also happens to be an incredibly awesome person!

ms2209 said:
Of course, ajt HAS to be in the coalition...aside from being buddy-buddy with Dr. Frantz, he also happens to be an incredibly awesome person!

Awww...stop it, will ya?! You're making me blush! :oops: See?

I would love to be a part of said coalition - but, just to clarify, I wouldn't call my relationship with Dr. Frantz buddy-buddy. Granted, I did interview with the man, and we talked a lot about music and singing and (of all things) Long Island - and I was like, "he likes me, he really likes me!" But the buck stops there, my friends.

No letters, no personal messages, nada. And I've written the man a fair amount, so he's had opportunities.

Oh, but my favorite part! When I ran into him at a Columbia medical school fair late last week, he had absolutely NO idea who I was (me: Hi, Dean Frantz! I'm ajt2003, I interviewed with you in November, we talked about X, Y and Z! Him: *prolonged silence* Oh...right. ajt2003. How, um, are you?)

...so perhaps we're just mere acquaintances! Still, there's strength in numbers, right!?

Hey, ms, when this is over we totally have to party 'Deluxe' style! You know what I'm talkin' 'bout! :laugh:

ajt2003 said:
Hey, ms, when this is over we totally have to party 'Deluxe' style! You know what I'm talkin' 'bout! :laugh:

But of course! ;) ;) In fact, on this snowy day, I am seriously craving a nice brownie sundae - or maybe, a mud pie (I am such a chocoholic)...