When can I expect to hear back from the school?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Cornish

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi everyone,

I just applied to the vet school in Edinburgh and I was wondering when I can expect to hear back from them. I have never applied before, so I don't know the real timeline...like when you hear if you get an interview, etc. Also, do they send you your acceptance or denial in the mail?

Finally, if you do get denied, can you speak to someone at the school as to why you were rejected?

Thanks!

Members don't see this ad.

I think Edinburgh usually notifies people before other schools do , I think they interviewed around February last year (they did 2 spots one on the east coast one on the west coast.) They also usually notify a little earlier than the US schools.

Thanks for the reply OSJ. So if they interview in Feb, does that mean I'll hear whether or not I get an interview a couple months earlier?

Do you have any idea how many people they interview?

Members don't see this ad :)
I'm not sure about this year, but last year Edinburgh did not interview applicants. They did hold information sessions for accepted applicants. I believe they hosted one on the East coast and one on the West coast. Applicants last year were informed of their decision by email......beginning in late November and extending for a while after that. Hope that helps.

Oh you are right! I guess I was counting the information session as an interview. My bad!