When can you study for the CBSE if your school is year-round for almost all four

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

UCSFx2017

15+ Year Member
Reaction score
When can you study for the CBSE if your school is year-round for almost all four years except for somewhere between 1st and 3rd year for taking the boards?

Members don't see this ad.

It is really hard, but just study for about 2 months prior to the test during any time that you have available. Remember, you don't have to knock it out of the park - the average was only a 55, which is pretty low. Also, I don't have the exact number, but an average score seemed to be "enough" of a score for residency.

You won't ever really have time for anything. You just have to make it fit in your schedule.

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
when is the best time to take it? summer at the end of 2nd year or 3rd year?

when is the best time to take it? summer at the end of 2nd year or 3rd year?

That's a very subjective question. Take it when you are best prepared, whether that means after 3rd, 2nd, or even 1st year like I did.

That's a very subjective question. Take it when you are best prepared, whether that means after 3rd, 2nd, or even 1st year like I did.

Is it worth it to attend a school that offers two summers off, 3 months each, better research opportunities, and P/F curriculum over another school that doesn't have as much time off but costs 76,043 less, over four years?

Is it worth it to attend a school that offers two summers off, 3 months each, better research opportunities, and P/F curriculum over another school that doesn't have as much time off but costs 76,043 less, over four years?

Easy. You go to the one that costs $76k less. You can still study for the test during school. School is demanding but there is always time to study for a board exam. How successful you are is dependent on your time management and efficiency.