When coffee isn't cutting it anymore. I feel burnt out.

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Status
Not open for further replies.

ASGD1983

5+ Year Member
Reaction score
I removed the original question. Thank you all for support! I appreciate your help.
I decided to go with improving sleep hygiene and giving a try to energy boosters available on market without prescription.

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
I wouldn't take a medication that isn't prescribed to you for starters. This can lead to legal issues and trouble with school. Look up Blackstone labs. They are a supplement company that has a thermogenic preworkout pill. Its called arson or you can use Viper Rx. It helps me with my study's.

Reactions: 1 user
I think you'll be hard pressed to find people on here that will reccomend you take drugs that you don't need. I will say I know a **** ton of medical students that do use it though and it seems that that with a combination of good old fashioned cheating has had a positive impact for them. Lifes not fair it seems.

• Haha
Members don't see this ad :)
Are you a UWorld ethics question in disguise trying to test me for Step 2 next week?

Reactions: 7 users
I know many students who use it and still fail classes left and right. Personally I sip an energy drink as I set in to study in the afternoon and it keeps me goings till late. Big fan of Reign drinks that recently came out. Stopped drinking them since starting rotations though.

Look up some info on sleep hygiene. I bet your main problem is your aren't getting good quality sleep. If you aren't getting 7-8 hours a night, start there. I know it may be stressful and you want to skip sleep so you can study, but it hurts you a lot more that it helps.

Bang energy drinks. I drank 3/day and 2 pots of coffee/day the last couple weeks. This is obviously insane and I’m still having withdrawal headaches a month later. But those bangs got me through it. Anymore coffee would have wrecked my stomach.

Reactions: 1 users
No withdraw, nothing from what I suggested. It works wonders. DM me if you want more info on it.

Alright. Thanks everyone! I'll venture into trying some products mentioned like Arson and Reign as I have nothing to lose at this point lol. I'll also try to read up on sleep hygiene - every little bit helps.
I appreciate your responses and trying to help!

My sibling who already went through med school told me to get a good quality coffee machine and that should he enough. Energy drinks sound good too.

Just stay away from prescription stimulants like Adderall. You do not want the legal issues that accompanies taking prescription meds without the prescription.

Reactions: 2 users
Alright. Thanks everyone! I'll venture into trying some products mentioned like Arson and Reign as I have nothing to lose at this point lol. I'll also try to read up on sleep hygiene - every little bit helps.
I appreciate your responses and trying to help!
Exercise helps as well.

Reactions: 1 users
Are you a UWorld ethics question in disguise trying to test me for Step 2 next week?
A) Ask the patient why he wants adderal, and what motivates him to ask for it.
B) Request childhood records to see if previously diagnosed with ADHD, and arrange a f/u visit
C) Scold the patient for even thinking about using a non prescribed med.
D) Express empathy as you counsel the patient to see a psychiatrist for that prescription
E) Tell him it is your policy to not prescibe narcotics unless indicated and that you will have to end the provider relationship if he presists.

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: 2 users
OP, are you seriously coming here to ask if you should take an amphetamine to help you on a test because it'll "give extra energy"? The answer is no. Don't take a non-prescribed controlled substance to help you become a doctor...

A) Ask the patient why he wants Adderall, and what motivates him to ask for it.
B) Request childhood records to see if previously diagnosed with ADHD, and arrange a f/u visit
C) Scold the patient for even thinking about using a non prescribed med.
D) Express empathy as you counsel the patient to see a psychiatrist for that prescription
E) Tell him it is your policy to not prescribe amphetamines unless indicated and that you will have to end the provider relationship if he persists.

FTFY

This is what I do but I got an rx and have had an ADHD dx since 7 childhood which was re-evaluated by psychologist in adolescence. Albeit the family doctor basically just took my word for it.

Although it is prescribed to take daily, and I can get refills of 30 capsules every month, I usually go through 2-3 bottles per year. I really try to max out the Venti Starbx Double Shot with no sweetener.

You’d be screwed if you ended up at a site that drug tests and you didnt have a prescription for it.

I see you edited your OP, good plan. Good sleep hygiene is crucial. We don’t usually know that our quality of sleep is terrible so we then drag all day long

I'm with you OP. Coffee, exercise, sleep hygiene, nothing helps anymore. I wouldn't say I'm burned out in an emotional sense, but energy wise, I'm dead-dead. Honestly no clue what to do about my study month coming up. Hoping that increasing my sleep from 7 to 8-8.5 hours a night does the trick.

I'm with you OP. Coffee, exercise, sleep hygiene, nothing helps anymore. I wouldn't say I'm burned out in an emotional sense, but energy wise, I'm dead-dead. Honestly no clue what to do about my study month coming up. Hoping that increasing my sleep from 7 to 8-8.5 hours a night does the trick.

Look into arson or Viper Rx by Blackstone labs.

Status
Not open for further replies.