When do pre med prereqs "expire"?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

floatingribs

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Do they even? I'll be applying where my gen chem bios and gen bios will be 4-5 years old (the rest 1-3), but I'll have taken the MCAT less than a year before applying (not sure if this makes a difference). Does it reflect badly

I've been searching around and could only find info for dental schools and was reading on another site that UMASS's is 6 years (but not too sure about this since it wasn't sourced).

Members don't see this ad.

I've heard of the 10 year limit if don't have a degree

I just got into a 2nd degree program in Medical Laboratory Sciences. I will be taking classes like Hematology, Microbiology, Human Physiology, Human Histology, Clinical Microbiology, Clinical Biochemistry, Cell and Tissue Culture, Immunology and Immunohematology in the next 2 years.

I took my pre-requisites back in 2007 so by the time I apply to medical school, my pre-med course work will be more than 15 years old.

Am I screwed? Will applying to the Caribbean school be my only option?

Do they even? I'll be applying where my gen chem bios and gen bios will be 4-5 years old (the rest 1-3), but I'll have taken the MCAT less than a year before applying (not sure if this makes a difference). Does it reflect badly

I've been searching around and could only find info for dental schools and was reading on another site that UMASS's is 6 years (but not too sure about this since it wasn't sourced).

I will be starting at an MD school soon and my gen chem/physics/bio are all from 2008 and 2009. You're fine.