When does ICO notify you of acceptance?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

eyesuphere

5+ Year Member
Reaction score
So I have an interview at ICO on Oct 18th and was wondering how soon they will let me know if I'm accepted or not. I got accepted into SCCO and have to pay a deposit by Oct. 22nd, so I'm hoping they let me know early because these are my top 2 schools.

Members don't see this ad.

So I have an interview at ICO on Oct 18th and was wondering how soon they will let me know if I'm accepted or not. I got accepted into SCCO and have to pay a deposit by Oct. 22nd, so I'm hoping they let me know early because these are my top 2 schools.
Congrats on your acceptance to SCCO! If anything I don't think it would hurt if you asked for an extension to hold your seat while you are still waiting to hear back from other schools, it shouldn't be too unreasonable! Also, when you were scheduling your ICO interview what dates/days were available for you to pick from? Like do they usually offer certain days out of the week like Thursday/Saturdays etc.?

Thanks! Scco actually told everyone at the interview they don’t do extensions. For my ICO interview they emailed and said that they have interview days for Monday, Tuesday, Thursday, and Friday. I called to reserve for a Friday but they were all full for the weeks I wanted, so I went with Thursday
Congrats on your acceptance to SCCO! If anything I don't think it would hurt if you asked for an extension to hold your seat while you are still waiting to hear back from other schools, it shouldn't be too unreasonable! Also, when you were scheduling your ICO interview what dates/days were available for you to pick from? Like do they usually offer certain days out of the week like Thursday/Saturdays etc.?

Members don't see this ad :)
Hello again, I am also on the same boat as you and was wondering if you ever got an answer to our questions. I got an acceptance to MWU CCO and their deposit is due on 11/06, and I am interviewing with ICO on 11/02, so I am trying to figure that out as well!

Hello again, I am also on the same boat as you and was wondering if you ever got an answer to our questions. I got an acceptance to MWU CCO and their deposit is due on 11/06, and I am interviewing with ICO on 11/02, so I am trying to figure that out as well!

Congrats on all of acceptance.
From all your discussion above. once you get acceptance (even conditional), within 2-3 weeks
you have to pay deposite to hold the seat, to confirm you accept or not?
I thought you can wait unitl official acceptance in the end of spring (April or May) to confirm.
What's happen if you accept, but at the end of April or August, you can't meet the conditional requirements?

thanks

Congrats on all of acceptance.
From all your discussion above. once you get acceptance (even conditional), within 2-3 weeks
you have to pay deposite to hold the seat, to confirm you accept or not?
I thought you can wait unitl official acceptance in the end of spring (April or May) to confirm.
What's happen if you accept, but at the end of April or August, you can't meet the conditional requirements?

thanks
Thank you! When they send you an acceptance offer it means that they are offering you a seat into the class for that upcoming Fall semester. Most schools will still give you an acceptance letters even if you have outstanding prereqs out. Most schools require for you to pay a deposit so you can save your seat, if you don't pay it then you are forfeiting your seat and withdrawing your application.

Thank you! When they send you an acceptance offer it means that they are offering you a seat into the class for that upcoming Fall semester. Most schools will still give you an acceptance letters even if you have outstanding prereqs out. Most schools require for you to pay a deposit so you can save your seat, if you don't pay it then you are forfeiting your seat and withdrawing your application.

thanks for your explanation. but if I pay the deposit to save my seat, but in the end, if I couldn't
complete the condition successfully, (for example: outstanding prereqs I got C- or below). what happen?
they will to reject me and I couldn't go to school, right?

thanks

thanks for your explanation. but if I pay the deposit to save my seat, but in the end, if I couldn't
complete the condition successfully, (for example: outstanding prereqs I got C- or below). what happen?
they will to reject me and I couldn't go to school, right?

thanks
I personally do not know the exact answer as it ultimately depends on the school, but I would guess the most reasonable form of action would be that you would forfeit your seat in the class, and whether or not you receive your deposit back is based on the school's decision.

So I just had my interview this morning. And they said the committee will meet Nov. 1st to discuss acceptances. I’m pretty sure this is for all the applicants they interviewed until that day so if you have one until then you will know after Nov. 1st.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk