When does interview season go until?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

IronMan2009

Mind.Body.Health
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
I have had 4 interviews now but still haven't heard back from 10 of the 16 schools I applied to. I was wondering if it is getting to late to be expecting anymore interviews, and if so do most schools just send out a mass email at the end of their season just telling you that you have been rejected?

Any input would be great.

Members don't see this ad.

very slim chance for an interview.

depending on the school, you may or may not hear from them.

"interview season" at many schools goes until ~mid March.

Most schools will finish giving out interview invites in late Jan/early Feb though.

Members don't see this ad :)
I am in the same situation where I still have no response from a lot of schools. I just got an interview yesterday, so I am hoping that means the season is still going.

I had friends who got three or so interview during late Feb, so...let's cross our fingers and hope for the best.

Interview season at my school is until March. But we reserve the last month or two for waitlist students. If you haven't received an email by now, I think the chances becomes increasinly slim that you will receive one for this fall's class.

I think the UCs are the exception to this though. Some schools are really slow.

My last interview offer came in May for a June date (UIC). Don't give up hope, but start thinking about Plan B.

I have had 4 interviews now but still haven't heard back from 10 of the 16 schools I applied to. I was wondering if it is getting to late to be expecting anymore interviews, and if so do most schools just send out a mass email at the end of their season just telling you that you have been rejected?

Any input would be great.

Every school rejects people somewhat differently. I have two, going on three years worth of rejections from MD programs, so let me share what I remember...

University of Vermont tells you through your status page online.
Temple+Drexel will say something about communication mailed on the status page; then you get a letter.
Rush + UCONN will send you an email "season closed, good luck, bye bye"
(Some people I know claim to have never heard from UCONN post interview.)
Cornell, Yale + Albert Einstein will send you a letter.
Med Coll Wisc = snail letter, but late in the season
Creighton = snail letter if I remember well, but also at the end of the season
Univ Washington will send a snail mail
Albany sends an email.

I am still waiting for 10 more MD rejections and will be happy to find out how those so-far silent schools do it...

And to answer your thread title question, usually anything January and after is for waitlists.

Every school rejects people somewhat differently. I have two, going on three years worth of rejections from MD programs, so let me share what I remember...

University of Vermont tells you through your status page online.
Temple+Drexel will say something about communication mailed on the status page; then you get a letter.
Rush + UCONN will send you an email "season closed, good luck, bye bye"
(Some people I know claim to have never heard from UCONN post interview.)
Cornell, Yale + Albert Einstein will send you a letter.
Med Coll Wisc = snail letter, but late in the season
Creighton = snail letter if I remember well, but also at the end of the season
Univ Washington will send a snail mail
Albany sends an email.

I am still waiting for 10 more MD rejections and will be happy to find out how those so-far silent schools do it...

And to answer your thread title question, usually anything January and after is for waitlists.

Did you get in anywhere this year? your signature says class of 2013 so I think you did!! just curious