whatever5

5+ Year Member
May 24, 2013
Status
Medical Student (Accepted)
Let's assume a candidate with solid stats, ECs and LORs applies to about 20 schools that are within their range, and marked complete earlyish (mid to late july) at all of them.

When does one to begin to worry that they haven't heard any news? In other words, when do the majority of IIs go out that lead to acceptances? I've heard late interviews have a much lower yield.

Thanks for any input.

@Goro @gyngyn

Goro

Gold Donor
10+ Year Member
Jun 10, 2010
Somewhere west of St. Louis
Status
Non-Student
Springtime.

Let's assume a candidate with solid stats, ECs and LORs applies to about 20 schools that are within their range, and marked complete earlyish (mid to late july) at all of them.

When does one to begin to worry that they haven't heard any news? In other words, when do the majority of IIs go out that lead to acceptances? I've heard late interviews have a much lower yield.

Thanks for any input.

@Goro @gyngyn

About the Ads

tea guzzling traveler

5+ Year Member
Oct 8, 2014
Status
Medical Student (Accepted)
Definitely too early now, but what really can you do about it?

I would say that if you are really worried, you could late add some schools, but that would likely be a waste of money as you will hopefully/likely get in to your original 20.

Dr. Stalker

5+ Year Member
Sep 11, 2014
Itchy and Scratchy Land
Status
Medical Student

feather421

5+ Year Member
Jan 12, 2015
Status
Medical Student
In other words, when do the majority of IIs go out that lead to acceptances?
I'd actually really like to know this as well-- it'd be nice to have a heads up on how to schedule things like time off work & budgeting depending on what comes back when. I do know that all of this is super subjective...but a premed can hope.

About the Ads