When does Med School tend to start?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Varies by school...California schools are a little later, I think (late August), but I know some schools start as early as July.

The catch is...if you're waitlisted at your top choice, you CANNOT matriculate at another school in July, then hop on over to your top choice when you're accepted off the waitlist in August. Might not be fair, but that's the rules. That's why late starts are kind of nice.

Members don't see this ad :)
I have no idea what kind of percentage to give you, but the places that I am looking at mostly start in late July or early August (this includes virtually every school on my MDApps). Around that time seems to be the most common, at least in the realm of my experience.

Generally, schools seem to start in late July - mid August. This thread from last year lists a bunch of medical school start dates. Although the actual dates will be different this year, the link will give you a general idea of what to expect. Some start as early as late May (Florida State University) and early September (UCSF)! Hope this helps!

Rough estimate: How many schools (percentage wise) start after August 10?

A small percentage start in July. The vast majority start in the first two weeks of August. Most of the remainder start in the third week of August. I wouldn't plan on going on vacation until Labor day if that's what you are asking.