when for recs

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

jimjones

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
When do you get the letters of rec mailed to the universities? Should they be there by the time AACOMAS gives them your profile or by the time you return the secondary?

Members don't see this ad.

Letters of rec are usually part of the secondary application. I recv'd letters from the schools I applied to after they had recv'd my AACOMAS. I knew then that they had a file established for me. I felt that after receiving an application confirmation was a proper time to have letters sent. I didn't want to send any earlier for fear the correspondences would get misplaced.

Letters of rec are a part of the secondary application, they'll ask for them. Some of them even have special pages that the want filled out by the person who is recommending you (I've found that these forms don't have to be filled out). Remember, supposedly the primary application is evaluated and then a secondary is sent if they like what they see. You would be waisting your time and theirs if they decided not to send you a secondary but you had already sent in your letters.

Members don't see this ad :)
Perfect, thanks to both of you. Gives me a bit more time to soften 'em up :D

Smooch booty now and work on getting them ASAP. Some teachers suck and take their sweet time, which is NOT fun to wait for when everything relies on timing. Get them now and don't waste time. A letter in the hand is worth two in the mail!!!!

Timing is of the essence! Get them in ASAP (As KidT has mentioned). Once those secondaries come, they'll come in droves (sp?). You need to get things rolling before the rolling admissions rolls on you.... Goodluck though!