When is ACLS/ PALS usually scheduled... Is it during the orientation week

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

DesiDoc

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Pls let me know when is this certification course for ACLS / PALS usually scheduled ...Is it usually during the orientation week that programs have before starting the residency for new residents ...Pls let me know as I have already booked my tickets for my home country till may end ..

thanks

Members don't see this ad.

It varies. You should contact your program directly and ask them when orientation starts. Every program is different. Ours starts June 18.

Members don't see this ad :)
Nah, ours is part of "orientation" for new interns.

thanks ....as long as these certification course is part of orientation its fine for me...I won't have to change my travel arrangements ....I was just worried that it should not be in month of may .....

thanks ....as long as these certification course is part of orientation its fine for me...I won't have to change my travel arrangements ....I was just worried that it should not be in month of may .....

That's what I'm saying--it may not be part of orientation. You really should call your program. Every program is different. Some offer it, but some don't and expect you to be certified when you show up for orientation.

Ya mines in orientation. Sophiejane I start June 25th, a whole nother week to sleep in ah ya;)